LPC Ditto - Push Emulation

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Citizen

Re: LPC Ditto - Push Emulation

Post by Citizen » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:51 am

Are people generally preferring the Ditto presets to the older LPCLive template?

Which template are you guys using?

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:53 am

Citizen wrote:Are people generally preferring the Ditto presets to the older LPCLive template?

Which template are you guys using?
yes.. I prefer it's step sequencer and scale modes..
plug you can add devices hotswap.. change clip settings ..how it handles clips... looping duplicating deleting clips etc..etc etc...

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:46 am

Citizen wrote:
metastatik wrote:
For LPC-Ditto, it can do pretty much everything that Push can do

Except browsing and selecting devices from the browser, obviously?
No, it can handle browsing too. It can be used with a small app called PDE that is an onscreen emulation of Push’s display that makes browsing and other display-dependent things easier.
Citizen wrote:Correct me if I am wrong - but clearly the Ditto C has the most functionality, right?
Out of the box, yes. But LPC-DittoB provides access to standard Launchpad functionality and so it would allow you to use Launchpad M4L devices.
Citizen wrote:is the 'Clip Mode' essentially the same as the standard Launchpad mode?
No, it’s the Clip Mode from LPC-Live. You can learn more about that at the link I provided previously.

Lastly, LPC-Live is compatible with both Live 8 and 9 so, unlike Push/LPC-Ditto (which are only compatible with Live 9), it’s not able to take advantage of the new functionality accessible in Live 9. We’ll certainly be working on new Live 9-specific products for the Launchpad and other controllers in the future.

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:24 am

Ditto B!!!! :twisted:

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:44 am

Rad. Can't wait to get my Launchpad.

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Sorry but I'm really confused
Is LPC ditto something that comes with the LPC Live when purchased or is it made by different people altogether?
Is there a guide for it anywhere?

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:28 pm

LPC-Ditto is a free preset for LPC-Live users that is available via email request. There's more details on this here.

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:56 pm

ok thanks for the clarification

login

Post by login » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:21 pm

So, how do you access in ditto the other Push functions?: encoders, tempo buttons, etc...?

Is it possible to add a second troller for dedicated control of all the other buttons/enconders?

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 pm

The encoders are emulated on the bottom 2 rows of the launchpad... instead of turning a knob, there are up and down navigation buttons. The Browser, Tempo, etc are all accessed via menus using the scene trigger buttons along the right side of the launchpad. It actually flows pretty well, and I've had no issues. It's especially useful having the PDC onscreen display emulator, since the launchpad doesn't have a built in display.

I have no desire to get a push after using the Ditto script for the past couple weeks.

cyclicAMP

Post by cyclicAMP » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:39 am

Has anyone out there set up a Push emulation using other controllers, like Maschine?

Zygi

Post by Zygi » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:56 am

cant get it to work, even tough settings seem correct.

light feedback gets lost after changing modes and in drum sequencer mode (ditto-c). when it works... it truly shines ;)

gonna give it a 2nd try today...

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:48 pm

login wrote: Is it possible to add a second troller for dedicated control of all the other buttons/enconders?
Sure, but you’d need to use some additional software to merge the input/output of the 2nd controller with the input/output of the preset.
cyclicAMP wrote:Has anyone out there set up a Push emulation using other controllers, like Maschine?
Yes, we’ve also done one for the APC40 (apC-Carbon).
Zygi wrote:light feedback gets lost after changing modes and in drum sequencer mode (ditto-c).
First of all, please make sure that you’re using the latest version (v1.0.6), which you can download from the same page you used to download previous versions. Secondly, make sure that you’ve set up ClyphX according to the information given in the provided LPC-Ditto Install Info.pdf. Lastly, if you need further assistance with this, please post on our forum.

Zygi

Post by Zygi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Zygi wrote:light feedback gets lost after changing modes and in drum sequencer mode (ditto-c).
First of all, please make sure that you’re using the latest version (v1.0.6), which you can download from the same page you used to download previous versions. Secondly, make sure that you’ve set up ClyphX according to the information given in the provided LPC-Ditto Install Info.pdf. Lastly, if you need further assistance with this, please post on our forum.[/quote]

I don't like posting questions. It's better solving issues by yourself. Especially when everything config seems fine... At first, I didn't add the push emulation line to clyphx - pretty obvious, but the script still wasn't working. Remember not to try things on empty drum rack ;)

cyclicAMP

Post by cyclicAMP » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:20 am

I have tried to get the Push emulation to work with Maschine but its not quite usable. Many of the buttons seem to work intermittently and the encoders values jump all over the place.
Has anyone else had any success using Maschine?