PUSH........WHEN?????

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lowshelf

Re: PUSH........WHEN?????

Post by lowshelf » Thu May 02, 2013 5:16 pm

nbinder wrote:Sure? Maybe it's really ugly inside...
Hmm. I doubt there's much inside, it's just a controller. :x

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Thu May 02, 2013 5:20 pm

lowshelf wrote:
nbinder wrote:Sure? Maybe it's really ugly inside...
Hmm. I doubt there's much inside, it's just a controller. :x
Wires like a spiderweb :lol: :P
But yeah, probably just one board for the buttons and maybe another for the display/encoders.
This is getting offtopic again :(

lowshelf

Post by lowshelf » Thu May 02, 2013 6:22 pm

nbinder wrote:Wires like a spiderweb :lol: :P
But yeah, probably just one board for the buttons and maybe another for the display/encoders.
Yeah I'd expect wires and stuff. When I said transparent, I meant the case looking like the old crystal Xbox controller. I didn't mean invisible :) I can't see a Push right now, that's kinda what this thread is about. There, brought it back on topic for ya!

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Thu May 02, 2013 6:35 pm

nbinder wrote:
Theo Void wrote:I think it's pretty obvious whats going on. They didn't anticipate the rush of buyers and they can't produce them fast enough. They're back ordered for at least the next 16 weeks and those units are already sold to pre-sale buyers on a first come first serve basis. So, depending on where you are in line you may not get this batch or the next batch but maybe the batch after that.

Ableton can't give you a definitive answer because they don't know where you stand in line either. Well, I'm sure it's documented somewhere but do you really think they're going to drop everything and check for YOU? Highly doubtful. They're busy and there are 1000's of other customers to sell things to NOW! You pre-ordered, your moneys in the bank already, why would they worry if you're satisfied? Plus, if you cancel your order you lose your place in line so thats extra insurance for them.

They have the upper hand in every way possible right now. All you can do is wait.
I think you missed the point. This is neither a rant about the long time between ordering and getting the device, nor am I trying to find the reason myself. As already written, I do see that the demand was higher than expected.

What I am saying is that if they promise a transparent process, then a further delay should be announced and explained. Otherwise it is not transparent.

Btw.: They did not receive any money when we ordered... it will be charged when it is delivered.

Of course the only thing that we can do is wait. Nobody ever claimed anything else. I just posted my criticism on the process, which was announced to be transparent from the beginning to the end and is not.
I know they dont charge you until they ship but the fact remains that you're locked in either way.
But yes, I definitely agree that an explanation is over-due to the people, as a whole, who have pre ordered. I didn'y know they guaranteed "transparency." But if in fact they did, then they should say something.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Fri May 03, 2013 12:53 am

Do they exist and how many are in captivity? I don't ever plan to buy one but I haven't seen one at the local GC.

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:22 am

lowshelf wrote:
nbinder wrote:Wires like a spiderweb :lol: :P
Yeah I'd expect wires and stuff. When I said transparent, I meant the case looking like the old crystal Xbox controller. I didn't mean invisible :) I can't see a Push right now, that's kinda what this thread is about. There, brought it back on topic for ya!
You forgot the 2 hamsters on the wheels, now back on topic.

Terminal55

Post by Terminal55 » Sat May 04, 2013 8:23 am

I live in Hong Kong and ordered my Push on 9th March. To be honest I didn't check the delivery time directly after placing the order; i naively just thought I could forget about it and it would turn up in a couple of weeks (which you become use to being out here).

So after realising it's been almost 2 MONTHS, i read this thread, and then logged into My Account to see how long Ableton are saying...

.. it's say's "Ships in 12 weeks or More". Does that mean 12 weeks from the order date? Or (god forbid) 12 weeks from now..?

I fear the worst, as the statement, "12 Weeks or more" is so ambiguous - I feel properly shafted. I know they haven't taken money from me yet, but SIX MONTHS ago I watched the video of the unveiling show, and like many of you I got pretty excited for this gear, and again, i naively assumed this was some kind of launch show which meant I could buy one soonish afterwards. I've been a dumb fish dangling on their wire for 6 months, waiting for them to reel me in..

Seriously though, if it's 12 weeks from now then i'd expect some kind of personal contact, some kind of personal explanation. In an email or via a phone call. I love the ableton product and Push answers so many of my prayers, but i've worked in IT support and IT Customer/Stakeholder management for 16 years, for some major organisations, and from a professional perspective this is a real mess. They should accept this is the situation they've found themselves in and be transparent about the situation with affected customers.

- Also, on a side note, has anyone noticed that the links to some tutorial movies in Live 9 don't work? I raised a support request about a month ago and i got an email saying it was a "known bug" lol, which is obviously bollocks as there just aren't any videos to link to yet

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Mon May 06, 2013 9:28 pm

So, Ableton... you guys had plenty of time for statements regarding your "transparency".
I don't see any. Disappointing. :?

vonGardener

Post by vonGardener » Tue May 07, 2013 6:20 pm

I know i shouldn’t dig out this thread but i would very much like to hear news, no matter wether they are good or more likely bad.

After a month a week has passed again and the dynamic status of my item remains:

ships in 16 or more weeks
The pre-order price is guaranteed and your card will only be charged once the item ships.

So please just say either:
Your item arrives in about 16 weeks from now.

or:
You will have to wait for more than a 1/4 Year to get it.

You could also troll me and write:
Yah will chave to wait teh rest of yourz lifez! (i would take that as the or answer)

Terminal55

Post by Terminal55 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:56 pm

vonGardener wrote:I know i shouldn’t dig out this thread but i would very much like to hear news, no matter wether they are good or more likely bad.

After a month a week has passed again and the dynamic status of my item remains:

The pre-order price is guaranteed and your card will only be charged once the item ships.

or:

Yah will chave to wait teh rest of yourz lifez! (i would take that as the or answer)
this is all I want to know. When.

73*

Post by 73* » Wed May 08, 2013 6:47 am

This may be useful to someone...

I got mine today, it was a preorder from a retailer in western Canada (Long & McQuade), they apparently only got two.

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Sat May 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Terminal55 wrote:
vonGardener wrote:I know i shouldn’t dig out this thread but i would very much like to hear news, no matter wether they are good or more likely bad.

or:

this is all I want to know. When.
Exactly. I don't even need a fixed date or a super accurate estimation... +/- 1 or 2 weeks is okay.
But please... Don't claim anything is transparent in this process and then increase the remaining time without notification and comment.

Terminal55

Post by Terminal55 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:57 pm

it now says "Ships to 6 - 8 Weeks".. which is bit more solid.

Happier now that I know a more specific time but obviously a bit miffed that i will probably be waiting until the beginning of July. That's 4 months since i placed the order...which is a very poor show indeed.

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Mon May 13, 2013 7:58 pm

In the meantime I asked Ableton support, but the only answer I got was a link to some general information on the pre-order process.

Guess that means that it won't be "fully transparent" but rather "including some shipping estimates". And these estimates can jump back without providing reasons or at least sending notifications.

crybo

Post by crybo » Tue May 14, 2013 1:26 am

Is there any people in the UK that have managed to get Push? Still says 16 weeks or more on my profile, which it has said since March.