Ableton Live 9 vs. Torq Xponent (Problems)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jagata

Ableton Live 9 vs. Torq Xponent (Problems)

Post by Jagata » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Hello guys im new here, sorry if on this forum had the same post, but I will looking for my problems here. So here is my problem and questions.
I have Ableton Live 9 Suite and Torq Xponent (USB Controller) Soft version 2.0 (Full License)
I just wanna to ReWire (Control) Ableton via my Torq Xponent mixer. Im with WIN7 x64 and I have already Installed:
- Torq Xponent 2.0
- Updated Drivers for x64 Machine (Torq Xponent) from Avid
- Reason 5.0
- ReWire.dll
- ASIO
- ASIO4ALL
- M-Audio ASIO USB
- Ableton Live 9

Well, to have an better idea, what I mean, Check this Video here:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93oNnOd8I20
- It's about for Full Controll from Torq Xponent to Ableton Live 9 - Questions is It's Possible and How to make it.
I almost success it, but I think its not done properly. Well I will leave an screenshots from Ableton to see Config. Settings
Yesterday I check the preferences of Ableton. Start my Controller and on Preferences at Ableton put in Audio to be with 'M-Audio Asio USB' so when load it, made midi mapping on knobs at my Controller and they work it. When load 'new audio track' at Ableton on Audio from, cannot find the Torq .. to continue .. I just play, but not properly how i see on this example on this post: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_U ... o/en398569 - I follow his example here, but on Audio from didn't see 'torq' .. I saw on Ableton Preferences in Audio Settings, 'Channel Config.':
- Input is Inactive
- Output is Active and when click i just marked all 4 devices with green colour...
What is wrong, :| I can't find how to ReWire my Torq to Ableton, even I have ReWire.dll installed on Ableton folder, If some can said me also and what directory is properly for ReWire.dll in Ableton.
How to fix also latency i have big, big problems, mostly with VST's (A.N.A and LuSH101) when load it, they start to cut the sound, try to fixed, but as you see on sceenshots, nothing is good as well. Also need good solutions for latency. Im check and Asio4All pannel but.. nothing, general works good, but when load VST's ... sux !
I don't know how to config. also and MIDI Sync at Ableton to put Torq as Midi Device .. see on the screen and need properly settings there.
And ... when start for 1st time Ableton on 'Record Warp Launch' options at Ableton Preferences - Multicore/Multiprocessor/ReWire was Active 'ON' with Green colour, right now is 'Inactive' I didn't know that have any problems for that is Inactive. Hope to help me guys, sorry many problems and questions... hope to find soultions and help me !
Here is my Laptop Configurations:

Intel(R) Pentium CPU B950 @ 2,10 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
HDD: 500 GB
Soundcard: Realtek High Definition Audio

Here is screenshots of my problems, read the post and check the screenshots:

Image 1: (No Audio Inputs from M-Audio ASIO USB)

Image 2: (Midi Sync Torq problems)

Image 3: (Inactive ReWire)

Image 4: (Latency Problem with Standart Audio)

Image 5: (No Audio from Torq at 'New Audio Track')

michael.j.mclaughlin20

Re: Ableton Live 9 vs. Torq Xponent (Problems)

Post by michael.j.mclaughlin20 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:19 pm

so, I'm a bit confused as to what you want to do. If you are just using the m-audio sound card, then you only need to send audio to the xponent. If you want to control Ableton you can do that at the same time, you just have to map midi mappable parameters to the xponent's controls (knobs, buttons, etc). This is really intuitive and can be done by simply using the command or control + m command to get into midi mode.
What you might not realize is that the torq xponent does not actually control Ableton natively. The person in the video probably had to map each and every one of those knobs manually since Ableton does not support the xponent as a control surface like the APC 40 or Launchpad.

Also, this page might be of some help.
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=sup ... 9b7fbd88e1

Take another look at it after taking a break for a day. Your anger may cloud your vision :)

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:25 pm

And there seems to be an issue with Rewire in ableton wanting to be master, not slave as others have tried to rewire it into Cubase 6/7, Presonus Studio One at the least and it isn't working. It works with Live 8 but not 9 atm. I believe it's being looked into. So relax on the rewire for now.

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

Jagata

Post by Jagata » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:17 pm

michael.j.mclaughlin20 wrote: Also, this page might be of some help.
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=sup ... 9b7fbd88e1

Take another look at it after taking a break for a day. Your anger may cloud your vision :)
1st Thanks for Answer, but i don't think so my problem is easy. Now will try to exaplen:
Actually i try before example from your link (AVID post) ---> http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=sup ... 9b7fbd88e1 DO not Work for me, Why ? ... now will try to explane ...

When u can see on this photo here

PROPERLY (M-Audio web site example)

Mine Preferences:

... as you can see, on 1st photo (properly) the Audio Device is from M-Audio as mine, BUT check <channel Config.> on properly photo - It's ACTIVE !! see mine photo NOT active ...

Mine is the same 4 options is with green and is ON (Active)

==========================================

Weeell, after go to 'Insert New Track' on I cannot config. next step:
'Audio from...' on Avid example is Torq

--> M-AUDIO Properly

---> Mine 'new audio track' + when try to config. show me the Live Preferences and directly on Audio Settings where on left side have Symbol < ! > ... SEE mine screen...

I think this is problem. Yesterday how i said in my 1st post, make midi mapping, I use on my mixer knowbs 'Cue Point' which is 5 knobs .. they work great, When click on 'mapped' knobs on my mixer, Ableton make sound i hear it, but on 'Audio track' in Ableton Construction section cannot find 'torq' to put him as advice from avid.

---> Image

Well as general, maybe something is wrong here? Is possible on MIDI SYNC to have something wrong ...... (MIDI SYNC)

-> Mine Config.

Another thing, sorry guys, I don't know english as well, im from Bulgaria and now start it and learn it, but It's very hard for me. I have another qustion, that's is possible but, what is ReWire actually .. I have only under file name ReWire.dll not .exe not some console or program, just one file called ReWire.dll which im put on Ableton directory, copying from Reason 5.0 directory... but it's only .dll file oor normal program as standart .exe with console, where i can find on my laptop this application, looking for it .. but only .dll file under name 'ReWire' ...

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Rewire is where you can rewire live as a slave into Cubase, Presonus Studio One or other current DAW package (ProTools probably and all the others). Or you could rewire Reason into Live. But there is a problem with Live's Rewire.dll, it can't be a slave into the other apps. Abe dev's are aware and looking into it as far as I have read recently.

In regards to your ASIO situation, do you have ASIO4All running? If so, check the audio options, it may be pointing to your onboard audio instead of the M-Audio. You need to select it (possibly) and it may resolve your issue. That's all I can think of atm for this issue.

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

djhuman

Post by djhuman » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:57 pm

I'm having the same difficulty. Did you ever find a solution? :?: