Is Live 9 Push the new Live 8 Share?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
dysanfel

Is Live 9 Push the new Live 8 Share?

Post by dysanfel » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:34 pm

I only bought Live 8 because of Share. Now I bought Live 9 because of Push. Looks like Push isn't shipping anytime soon. Did I just make the same mistake twice?
Gig Rig - rMBP 2.3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, OSX 10.11.x, Presonus FS, Live 9.x
Home Rig - i7-6700k Hackintosh 32GB DDR4, 2nd Generation Scarlet 18i20, ADA8000, JoeMeek SixQ, Live 9.x

darkenedsoul

Re: Is Live 9 Push the new Live 8 Share?

Post by darkenedsoul » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Push is the new hardware interfaced with Live 9 tightly made by Akai. I think the share part is being able to upload to Soundcloud (can get a free account, not a lot of storage, but it's free) for sharing I think....I use Dropbox for sharing out projects between me and a buddy (also Live owner/user of long time).

The had share but removed it over time in Live 8 as it wasn't working as they'd hoped and had other issues from what I recall of it. But Push is hardware, not sharing of projects between fellow Live users, there are other options out there (free and paid).

But think of what you can do with M4L should you delve into it?

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

misa

Post by misa » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:44 pm

I think Push is a much, much safer bet than Share ever was, but the delays and poor product launches are indicative of Ableton's modus operandi for the last several years.

Plus, Push will make them money. Share, as supposed to be part of Live 8, may have been an incentive for people to upgrade/purchase but would only have been a resource drain without much of a kickback. With as little as Live 9 has improved from Live 8 after so many years, I can imagine Ableton realized there was more money to be made in developing new hardware than putting a lot of work into improving software.

DJ_Zombot

Post by DJ_Zombot » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Somewhere along the line I bet copyright issues, especially with people using samples and unlicensed remixes and such is a big part of what derailed Share.