Happy with Live 9?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
panten

Re: Happy with Live 9?

Post by panten » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:40 pm

I'd like to meet the maker of Google translate and punch him squarely in the face.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Now that rewire works in 9.0.3b3 I can't complain. I actually put in an hour each day practicing on the drum racks. I even like setting up the new clip/ overdub function. I didn't use 8 as often as 9 so you can say I'm very happy. I started from live 5 and hope live focuses on being an instrument first and daw second.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:19 pm

pepezabala wrote:So today I explored the mono sequencer a bit more. It's really great for making arpeggios using it over a midi clip with root notes of your song. When you automate the random-button and have it reset automatically in intervals, it's like whow, neverending variations going on.

I still find all the new recording/automation recording/new buttons confusing. There should have been an easier way to integrate session-view-automation-recording.

After lots of complaining I kind of made friends with the browser.

Glue ist rad.

Overall I think that Live is too complicated now. I did teach Live in the past, and it was fun. I guess now it's way harder to explain all the stuff that has been added over the years.

I know how you feel. I started from version 5 and I was able to teach a lot of my friends the devices and sequencing through the phone. I think now I'd have to do YouTube videos and then phone conference them in. I think the live 9 tutorials are great, but users need the experience after that to really get better at live. When I teach live to my friends I have them learn with impulse + simpler first and build tracks from that. Once they master that I'll have them do drums and slices with sampler only. Then at an advanced level I will have them go drum racks + sampler.

Drum racks looks overwhelming for some people and they tend to feel intimidated and end up buying something like battery without fully pushing themselves with the drum rack. Although I will get battery 4 during summer of sale 2013, drum racks is my go to instrument on my warm up track. I'll play a session drum kit and slowly start replacing it with my drum sounds and EQing and lightly compressing my sounds.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:03 pm

panten wrote:I'd like to meet the maker of Google translate and punch him squarely in the face.
:lol:

OK lol OMG I just felt like some craving of some juvenile joke about Google shit.

I even never saw what GT looks like. Seriously.

In fact, speaking / understanding level is feeled as bilinguism.

But dude I'm a French guy doing electro and stuff ---> every french people fluent enough for you, who always had A grade in all french-english-write big big big word cascade "à la française"...

I know really talented peiple who used ask me everytime they had to post some stuff, i may write like a bot as you joked but that´s the way to write here : like if we were speaking orally, I repeat it so often...

If someday Îm so drunk (never drink so forget that) : I post my shit of words on GT and respawns that crap to you, if only I had a bit of humor, just to show you how delicious are my words compared to what you talk avout, a friend once had to use it for a texan client, OMG, it was ... Believe me. :)

"Au revoir messieurs et passez une excellente soirée" 8)
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

evon

Post by evon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Blendton wrote:
DrWashington wrote:
Blendton wrote:
If you perform live, then, why trying to do it using a fresh revision of your live tool ?!

>>> If I needed rock-solid reliability or if it happens someday, I would definitly perform with a custom light install of Live 8 32-bit, which became somewhat f***ing stable in 4 years...

What do you think ?

Kind regards.
This is kind of my whole point: Ableton has had THREE YEARS to get it right. They could have done a public beta or something and squashed a lot of these bugs, but they chose not to and to focus most of their resources on Push development. Live 8 was initially hell to work with, so I was using Live 7 for about a year after the initial Live 8 release.

By contrast, Steinberg has mostly been getting it right with their *.0 releases lately. I don't know how, but they have been, and Cubase isn't a live sequencer--it's one of the original DAWs.

My whole point is that for a program that is designed for use in a live context primarily (there is nothing else like it currently), EXTRA EMPHASIS should be placed on making major new releases suitable for live use. In other words, these simple, silly little bugs that are infuriating for live musicians and DJs that should have easily been caught somehow slip by, and god knows how long it's going to take for Ableton to squash them! I've supported this company for a long, long time and have purchased every major upgrade. I'm about at the end of my rope, though.

I'm running it on a Lenovo W530 with an i7 3820QM (3.7GHz max), 32GB CAS 9 1600MHz RAM, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, etc. A very, very fast laptop. And yet, it still takes a while to launch. I can only imagine how bad it would be on a 5400RPM drive.

I really don't like to be negative. I've been all sunshine and rainbows on the Steinberg forums lately because I really have very little to complain about: Cubase 7, though a few very minor bugs remain, is pretty much rock-solid and just allows me to work quickly without crashing. Again, I don't use Ableton Live for composition/production, so I can't speak to that aspect of it. However, I lean on it heavily for my live work, and I was REALLY looking forward to using Max for Live with Live 9... but, it look like I gotta wait for a few months, maybe a year, maybe more (who knows?) until Ableton decides to get their act together.

It's just disappointing. Hot keys for quantize values, for instance, simply should not have been missed in the beta phase. This is incredibly basic stuff!
Well... Trying to make the looooooooooooong story short...

I learned Ableton Live by hearing the news, like a knock-out : ALEXANDER COE, I mean : SASHA, just gave up every "DJing" means to produce and perform, he (we were in 2005 if I'm accurate) now did EVERYTHING : from 6+ hours live sessions to album realeases : with 2 iMacs G4 or G5 and AZbleton Live starting with Live 4, then mosrtly relied on his unique self-designed controller called "Maven", and that fucking "Ableton" thing.

As for now, every artist I thank for keeping smart thinking about hum... "the job". Deadmau5 is right, I was even pretty gifted with 2 CDJ-1000 + all the usual stuff >>> no someone performing this way would lie if he doesn't admit that 90% of his "moves" are more for dancing and being like "DJing" from the floor's view, afterall, all that matters is the audience.

I just remember NOW that these "buyers threads or survey I won't give a shit to this kind of "masturbating mode" vision of "sharing musical mind, stuff, on the (before this garbage) right place to do it...

FROM ABLETON LIVE 1 to ABLETON LIVE 6.11 WERE NOT USED AS CREAATIVE TOOLS

The name is Live, Ableton Live. And maybe, like James Bond, by moving to the ambiguous now... BLEND OF A TON OF STUFF WE WANTED (= 8) OR DIDN't NEED AND WORSE : if your duty is to rely on Suite 9.0.x and WTF 32/64 it' s just a choice to do and boring RAM use in Intel/IBM CPUs storys because BANG : even what we call "64-bit" computer is in fact a x86-64 based bastard and not an IA-64...

And why all this flow about a DAW ? Because it wasn't intended to be a producer choice. Just see how many innovative like the now faded Deadmau5, or Steve Duda : they say without shame Live has 90% of the workflow in charge soon or late... Both studio work & performing live...

I therefore never will recommand a product like our actual Live Suite 9.0.2/3 to perform live : PRIVATE JOKE : look at my signature's laptop description and BANG : the 5400rpm well no miracle but guess what ? No speed stories to tell : although I like my "orchestrelectro dancing sound" research in my work :

I always felt the birth of SUITE 7 as the beginning of the end for the "JUST DO IT", just think about it, at the time I already began to be reluctant to "DAWs"... Progressively giving up even with Cubase, P-Tools and FL Studio. Reason looks interesting but no money no time and no need.

Here's the real mixed feeling behind my good feelings about this 9 one, since it gave me the OIC orchestral stuff an while bringing some never asked and even shitty little things, it solved a recurrent issue with the VST I use the most so...

Pfff BTW I know for some guys here they found me disturbing or the oopposite : accuracy and insight hidden in blahhhhblahhh boring flow

I swear it's the fucking last "thread" I play with, since every repeated sterile debates and DAW Wars stuff are as music inspiring as an episode from TV Shows talking about some housewives managing being boring & stuff.

SORRRY TO THE FEW IT REALLY HURTS : LIVE HAS CHANGED. I STILL LIKE IT AND PREFER 9 TO ALL THE PREVIOUS. *** YES AND WITH A 5400rpm shitty HDD >>> I do "Live" stuff rarely since 2008+2009 AND SOMEHOW I PERFORM MY SOFT-SETUP === WTF DO SO MANY COMLAIN ABOUT ... the brower, wow, every bit of issue solved since Live 9.0b4x SO GET OUT OR DON'T MAKE ME WRITE BADLY LONG "MY OPINION & STUFF" POST ON SUCH AN IMPORTANT PLACE TO SHARE, FOR REAL, AND THE SAME FOR THOSE WHO ASK ABOUT MIDI BASICS : COME BACK WHEN YOU'll BE MUSICIANS.

AND FOR THEIR INNOVATIVE WAY TO SUCEEED by INNOVATING AND HAVING MADE LEGENDARY DUDES jusr PUT DISCS IN A CLOSET >>> I KEEP ENDLESS RESPECT TO ABLETON A.G.

[but FUCK they IMO shouldn't hav e done Live & Suite the Tom & Jerry because it changed the most anticipating feature : LIVE, sorry for you DrWashington.

See ya later on another :)

Regards.

:arrow:

Wish I could understand what this guy is saying. There seems to be a lot of substance in there, but I just can't get it glued together.So I kept reading on, trying to make some sense of it, and it just struck me about those commercials that border on the weird.

They tend to grab your attention more as you try to figure out what the heck are they saying. Then you might even start to doubt your own intelligence. At the end of the day the whole experience tends to stay with you.

Sorry OP, I just had to make my comment.
fe real!

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:40 pm

those are codex. you need to study to understand them.

evon

Post by evon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Yes..I guess so.
fe real!

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Blendton wrote:
DrWashington wrote:
Blendton wrote:
If you perform live, then, why trying to do it using a fresh revision of your live tool ?!

>>> If I needed rock-solid reliability or if it happens someday, I would definitly perform with a custom light install of Live 8 32-bit, which became somewhat f***ing stable in 4 years...

What do you think ?

Kind regards.
This is kind of my whole point: Ableton has had THREE YEARS to get it right. They could have done a public beta or something and squashed a lot of these bugs, but they chose not to and to focus most of their resources on Push development. Live 8 was initially hell to work with, so I was using Live 7 for about a year after the initial Live 8 release.

By contrast, Steinberg has mostly been getting it right with their *.0 releases lately. I don't know how, but they have been, and Cubase isn't a live sequencer--it's one of the original DAWs.

My whole point is that for a program that is designed for use in a live context primarily (there is nothing else like it currently), EXTRA EMPHASIS should be placed on making major new releases suitable for live use. In other words, these simple, silly little bugs that are infuriating for live musicians and DJs that should have easily been caught somehow slip by, and god knows how long it's going to take for Ableton to squash them! I've supported this company for a long, long time and have purchased every major upgrade. I'm about at the end of my rope, though.

I'm running it on a Lenovo W530 with an i7 3820QM (3.7GHz max), 32GB CAS 9 1600MHz RAM, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, etc. A very, very fast laptop. And yet, it still takes a while to launch. I can only imagine how bad it would be on a 5400RPM drive.

I really don't like to be negative. I've been all sunshine and rainbows on the Steinberg forums lately because I really have very little to complain about: Cubase 7, though a few very minor bugs remain, is pretty much rock-solid and just allows me to work quickly without crashing. Again, I don't use Ableton Live for composition/production, so I can't speak to that aspect of it. However, I lean on it heavily for my live work, and I was REALLY looking forward to using Max for Live with Live 9... but, it look like I gotta wait for a few months, maybe a year, maybe more (who knows?) until Ableton decides to get their act together.

It's just disappointing. Hot keys for quantize values, for instance, simply should not have been missed in the beta phase. This is incredibly basic stuff!
Well... Trying to make the looooooooooooong story short...

I learned Ableton Live by hearing the news, like a knock-out : ALEXANDER COE, I mean : SASHA, just gave up every "DJing" means to produce and perform, he (we were in 2005 if I'm accurate) now did EVERYTHING : from 6+ hours live sessions to album realeases : with 2 iMacs G4 or G5 and AZbleton Live starting with Live 4, then mosrtly relied on his unique self-designed controller called "Maven", and that fucking "Ableton" thing.

As for now, every artist I thank for keeping smart thinking about hum... "the job". Deadmau5 is right, I was even pretty gifted with 2 CDJ-1000 + all the usual stuff >>> no someone performing this way would lie if he doesn't admit that 90% of his "moves" are more for dancing and being like "DJing" from the floor's view, afterall, all that matters is the audience.

I just remember NOW that these "buyers threads or survey I won't give a shit to this kind of "masturbating mode" vision of "sharing musical mind, stuff, on the (before this garbage) right place to do it...

FROM ABLETON LIVE 1 to ABLETON LIVE 6.11 WERE NOT USED AS CREAATIVE TOOLS

The name is Live, Ableton Live. And maybe, like James Bond, by moving to the ambiguous now... BLEND OF A TON OF STUFF WE WANTED (= 8) OR DIDN't NEED AND WORSE : if your duty is to rely on Suite 9.0.x and WTF 32/64 it' s just a choice to do and boring RAM use in Intel/IBM CPUs storys because BANG : even what we call "64-bit" computer is in fact a x86-64 based bastard and not an IA-64...

And why all this flow about a DAW ? Because it wasn't intended to be a producer choice. Just see how many innovative like the now faded Deadmau5, or Steve Duda : they say without shame Live has 90% of the workflow in charge soon or late... Both studio work & performing live...

I therefore never will recommand a product like our actual Live Suite 9.0.2/3 to perform live : PRIVATE JOKE : look at my signature's laptop description and BANG : the 5400rpm well no miracle but guess what ? No speed stories to tell : although I like my "orchestrelectro dancing sound" research in my work :

I always felt the birth of SUITE 7 as the beginning of the end for the "JUST DO IT", just think about it, at the time I already began to be reluctant to "DAWs"... Progressively giving up even with Cubase, P-Tools and FL Studio. Reason looks interesting but no money no time and no need.

Here's the real mixed feeling behind my good feelings about this 9 one, since it gave me the OIC orchestral stuff an while bringing some never asked and even shitty little things, it solved a recurrent issue with the VST I use the most so...

Pfff BTW I know for some guys here they found me disturbing or the oopposite : accuracy and insight hidden in blahhhhblahhh boring flow

I swear it's the fucking last "thread" I play with, since every repeated sterile debates and DAW Wars stuff are as music inspiring as an episode from TV Shows talking about some housewives managing being boring & stuff.

SORRRY TO THE FEW IT REALLY HURTS : LIVE HAS CHANGED. I STILL LIKE IT AND PREFER 9 TO ALL THE PREVIOUS. *** YES AND WITH A 5400rpm shitty HDD >>> I do "Live" stuff rarely since 2008+2009 AND SOMEHOW I PERFORM MY SOFT-SETUP === WTF DO SO MANY COMLAIN ABOUT ... the brower, wow, every bit of issue solved since Live 9.0b4x SO GET OUT OR DON'T MAKE ME WRITE BADLY LONG "MY OPINION & STUFF" POST ON SUCH AN IMPORTANT PLACE TO SHARE, FOR REAL, AND THE SAME FOR THOSE WHO ASK ABOUT MIDI BASICS : COME BACK WHEN YOU'll BE MUSICIANS.

AND FOR THEIR INNOVATIVE WAY TO SUCEEED by INNOVATING AND HAVING MADE LEGENDARY DUDES jusr PUT DISCS IN A CLOSET >>> I KEEP ENDLESS RESPECT TO ABLETON A.G.

[but FUCK they IMO shouldn't hav e done Live & Suite the Tom & Jerry because it changed the most anticipating feature : LIVE, sorry for you DrWashington.

See ya later on another :)

Regards.

:arrow:

Wish I could understand what this guy is saying. There seems to be a lot of substance in there, but I just can't get it glued together.So I kept reading on, trying to make some sense of it, and it just struck me about those commercials that border on the weird.

They tend to grab your attention more as you try to figure out what the heck are they saying. Then you might even start to doubt your own intelligence. At the end of the day the whole experience tends to stay with you.

Sorry OP, I just had to make my comment.[/quote]
pencilrocket wrote:those are codex. you need to study to understand them.
Thank you

For what, just because NO, I don't think a mental illness symptom could include, call it "a symptom", or a clue to guess the insane no need to read this guy's psychotic episodes here ---> <ignore Blenton>

Because Yeah, there is more than just some sense behind the curtain, I'm kust not knowing how to communicate (luck eough : chat ? What's this ? Never did never will (to unknown but surely interesting, I mean before the really nuts daring to ignite a thread with 'please map midi for money" It was almost all genious here, before

I was somewhat trying to express my deep pain enduring others being not able to undestand

No I found some words to make you understand why I became worse than before, where I was known as a "mandatory careful readings before figure the point wether the point is skill, opinion on sound/tool or asking to reproduce some blocking thing as I'm trying to create what finally has been made better I quickly worked on : Kapture by Ritchie Hawtin ie freezing Live's full state to recall it as a performing live more living style with the time gain and on the fly remix and flexibility to switch to different style etc any dude performing, you already know everything I say here

IN SHORT : AS A SAFETY AND SELF-IMAGE PRESERVATION I ASK TO EVERY MODERATING ABLE MEMNER OF THIS BELOVED COMMUNITY TO CLEAN IT UP, KNOWING IT TO BE DIRTY STUFF AND ALLOWING A SHEEP TO COME BACK TO SOME RESERVED TO PEOPLE NOT JUST BUYING LIVE EXACTLY LIKE GUYS WHO DO THE SAME WITH THEIR yAMAHA R MOTO BUT DON'T THINK ABOUT ITS PURPOSE? JUST SHOW TO SHOW? TO BELIEVE HOW COOL HE CAN BE ... Sorry bad image but I kind of "closed my part for this thread",

Thanks again for at least having pointed I don't write false facts, errors, off-topic BUT I admit somewhat argumented but not in order or pieces are missing... All my posts are one shots. It xa,'t help too, because writingn with brain and heart for me forbids re-editing.

And so, see you on another more musical talking thread, hoping being less hard to read, for everyone's good.

Warm regards.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:52 pm

@ evon don't hurt yourself. :wink:

oh and fwiw - yeah, my eyes glaze over too.
maybe if it was just a paragraph at a time instead of an essay it would give our brains time to breathe. :idea:

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:16 pm

evon wrote:Yes..I guess so.
WRONG ^^

No geek-style crypted and mindblowing others brain, could have be, but, keep your right to trust or not,

>>> No code, just a talented writer, IN FRENCH, wanting being turning this disaster in a more enjoyable way : the sit down and think a bit, 100% focused and insight ... just keep feets on the ground since when you realise what humans are doing, or why should I tell HERE how the guy clic "MIDI" button then do its work, after all, how can someone like this being allowed to destroy the few hopes remaining for some dudes to found genious and never seen thiungs, like we used to, again, doing yje recoàncilation with Max... Kind of genious work in 2009 which made my fears about that "SUITE" flavoringn like if Live had to add more, when what we like at first with it is simplicity.

Oh, and I always keep some angry thoughts because when everyone was enraged about indexing freezing Liven I was trying yo say to those "buyers not musicians" that if they were a bit able to understand what they use for music ad posting, the fact is : indexer must do an index0. An index could for large and old mates having huge library's and sets resulting from more than 110 years of work..

I came, said simply "just clean it up, install, then drag everything ONE SHOT : forget your computer until importing is over. Then for indexing preoperly done achievement, just wait again on a 24h per 500GB of samples and some sets --- Addd another 24h not touching anything in case of large orchestral sets with awesome even for such a "RAM crash hunter", also called musician worling on electrosounding yeah.... a little like some daft punk, ed banger's crew, ait, also serge gainsbourg and the orchestrals...

Just by doing that, I solved what wasn't a problem, when buying nSuite 9 you MUST know he indexes, and MUST know what IT MEANS : good dog, sit down, eat the mouse, redo everything (exagerated, for dummies only, sorry for brain-equiped dudes not for you)

Tired but ending on a positive "not non-sense,n just bad written", hell yeah, it's reaaly enjoyable and you made me smile, you clever live mate ^^
Antoine, aka Blendton.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Blendton,

Here's a suggestion. WHy don't you just post in French? Some of us would be able to puzzle out what you are saying, and the rest would move on. But I am one of those who (1) are interested in what you are saying, since I sometimes think it sounds like you are saying something important, but (2) can't make out head or tail of your posts. Seriously. Your posts seem to tremble on the edge between comprehensibility and complete surrealism. Perhaps if you just posted in your home language and let us try our luck with translating it, *someone* would understand.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh, and perhaps it is. BUt my sense is that no-one in this forum (except you) has *any* idea what you are saying. perhaps you could take that into account...

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:55 pm

The Finn wrote:Blendton,

Here's a suggestion. WHy don't you just post in French? Some of us would be able to puzzle out what you are saying, and the rest would move on. But I am one of those who (1) are interested in what you are saying, since I sometimes think it sounds like you are saying something important, but (2) can't make out head or tail of your posts. Seriously. Your posts seem to tremble on the edge between comprehensibility and complete surrealism. Perhaps if you just posted in your home language and let us try our luck with translating it, *someone* would understand.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh, and perhaps it is. BUt my sense is that no-one in this forum (except you) has *any* idea what you are saying. perhaps you could take that into account...
Sorry : SuburbanThug did it.

[Clue]-{EDIT2] : there's something about the fact I may know while writing I'll be unreadable, BTW, how could I find some way to transmit accurately my deception about what's become here, ... As said once but not saying it to be THE KEY : each of my posts are long OK ? and NEVER EDITED -excepting here for adding things' --- 2nd time U think in fact.{EDIT2 stand by}

[EDIT2 final] My post is always one-shot written with feelings behind, because if not for solving a musician mate, I try to somehow tramit you my feelings about what people have become : they consume, believe what a HD-TV WTF many inches large for being HD and even TV is always telling FACTS it's unable to lie, let's all be sheeps and do like Facebook campers : believe Ben laden dead but behing able EVEN UNTIL IMPRO-MODE invent proofs Michael Jackson's alive --- here we are. Ashamed because it's off-topic here but it used to be well inhabited, before flooding event. ---> humanity's regression after years of stagnation resulting from sort of bundle of events in History which somehow allow us (I mean them for now before doing the false retarded sheep for keeping social live if I may call EDIT2 stand by....

Too respectful to come and make my french post, I may have think about what I read as a "solution", because you're precise post and expression is accurate, anyway from start it was about helping here, not intellectual mastyrbation to fix this sort of imbalance between people who are at the right place, and those who shouldn't have found it since they couldn't tell you what is a PY script wowwwww I forgot how low we got today's winner : begging someone for midi drum map)ping OMFG
Last edited by Blendton on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

evon

Post by evon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Yeah..such a pity. One should be able to post in one's own language and each reader should be able to hit the translator button at the top of the page then hopefully we would not have this problem.

Ableton?
fe real!

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:01 pm

You guys just don't have any patience. Have any of you ever talked to someone who had English as a second language? Blendton's posts are easier to understand than a lot of conversations I've had. Because I can actually go back a few words if I misunderstand something. Admittedly there are still times when one of his sentences won't make complete sense to me but I always get what the overall gist of what he's getting at is even if some of his humor can elude me. In general he's got a good sense of humor (with a bit of a nasty edge I'm sure some of you would appreciate) and his criticisms are usually on point in my book. But, yeah. The first time I read one of his posts I thought it was a Google Translate troll.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Dude, English *is* my second language. But you are right, I don't have any patience. I would like to know what the guy is saying, but I honestly can't figure it out 80% of the time, and I get frustrated.

Granted, it is 100% better than some on this forum (each of us will have his (or her) favourite culprits, I am sure) who express themselves clearly but write utter shite 8)