Happy with Live 9?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Sibanger

Re: Happy with Live 9?

Post by Sibanger » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:21 am

H20nly wrote:that's pretty 8)

how about some details on the lappy???
+1 :)

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:40 am

Sibanger wrote:
H20nly wrote:that's pretty 8)

how about some details on the lappy???
+1 :)
I got a refurbished late 2012 rmbp 2.6ghz i7 with a 512 SSD and 8gigs of RAM. This is an upgrade from a 5 year old second hand mbp that i had for the last 3 years and I tell ya I'm like a pig in shit! I'm loving the new trackpad scrolling gestures and the display is gorgeous (only a matter of time before live gets optimised for it)

Also I have to go back on something I said earlier about the Live content being something I tend not to use. The new drum content is really very good, couple that with fast preview in the browser and any qualms I had about using content the world has access to goes out the window; theres simply too many quality options to worry about somebody spotting it as native content in a track. I think Nerve and RMV are going to start feeling neglected. Also the new midi editing tools are really good.

Ret Svilenov

Post by Ret Svilenov » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:21 am

Crashes constantly - email back and forwards with the suite 9.0.4! Elastic Player (last version) crashes with It! T Rack Deluxe crashes with It! I work with both 32bit and 64bit! They both crashed! Understandable for 32bit when you use more Ram over 4 gig (and you will if you have the full library for Ableton Suite 9.0.4 unless you are freezing tracks like you are in Siberia), but why 64bit version as well???

Anybody else experienced problems?

Thanks Ret

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi There,

Generally I'm pretty happy with 9.

But ....

It still crashes - randomly as far as I can tell! Which just sucks :evil:

I just use live for recording now. I used to use live for DJ'ing but got too risky.

I now use Traktor for DJ'ing which is actually much more fun with the S2.

Good release with some good improvments and new stuff, but ...

sort the F***ing stability out!!
MacBook Pro, High Sierra, Live 10, Logic Pro X, Komplete 12, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Camel, Waves plugs.

Polygon_Frites

Post by Polygon_Frites » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:09 am

Yep, I'm happy with Live 9 glad I upgraded. The new browser doesn't bother me either. the only time I have had Live crash is when using some 3rd party plug-ins and that's rare. In fact I'm not going to buy any more plug ins until I know Live 9 inside out.I get the feeling I am only scratching the surface with what Live can do (or what I can do with Live).

Coincidently, I'm looking for a book on live that goes beyond the basics if anyone can recommend one.