audiomulch

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
re:dream

audiomulch

Post by re:dream » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:23 pm

I suddenly had cause today to remembe audiomulch, which I had a lot of fun messing around with in the early 2000s...

Has anyone come across any implementations of using Live and Audiomulch together? I would like to know...

chapelier fou

Re: audiomulch

Post by chapelier fou » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Still no Plug-in version...
Nevertheless i still use it to make weird soundbanks.
V2. is nice, especially because the metasurface is midi mappable.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

andrewbrewer

Post by andrewbrewer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18 pm

Occasionally I go back for the granulator, which was a work of art. And a trick I do every time where I feed sspat into itself and manipulate the sspat path with mouse and keyboard (this makes the strangest digital glitches...its amazing).

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:16 am

I remember playing with this back in the early 2000's - was great fun. Another quality product from my home town! I haven't thought about it since this post...
:D

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

wasoota

Post by wasoota » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:04 am

With my perceived Live 9 lameness I took a look at it again. It always did a lot out of the box that I had hoped Live 9 would add in some form but didn't.

The metasurface is absolutely amazing and audiomulch is a very polished product now, much more so than last time I tried it. What put me off buying it for now is 64bit is still in the works (that was my understanding at least) and it appears to not have multicore support, with the devs even arguing they understand the request but feel it's not really necessary? Since there was no sale I figured I'd wait until that materialized or matured, but it's certainly already now much closer as a tool to what I initially set out to do with Live.

It did cure me of any desire to upgrade Live for now. The meta surface alone shows that even the smoothest m4L devices will never be as integrated as, well, integrated functionality, and Audiomulch seems much better suited than Live now for non-loop centric live performance. Maybe in Live 10 m4L will be 'tight' enough, but for now, in Live 9 as much as in Live 8 it always feels tacked on. With Live's midi clunkiness I really don't see the mulch/Live combo even i they ever did make a VST version. More like Mulch/Reaper or Mulch/Renoise.