Live 9 CPU Usage

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
anybody human

Live 9 CPU Usage

Post by anybody human » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:53 am

Sorry to be negative but...

Live 9 (32bit) CPU use is really hit and miss. All kinds of different things send Live over 50%, too many to mention. Something must be wrong. Live 8 it was pretty almost impossible to get over 50%, let alone get pops & crackles, and that's in full sets. Live 9 one or two devices or plugins will send CPU usage soaring. Kinda worrying.

- quad core MBP 8gb ram

Anybody else experiencing this? Saw a thread awhile back but it sounded like they thought it had been solved.

taffmonster

Re: Live 9 CPU Usage

Post by taffmonster » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:06 am

I am getting 38% quite regularly which is crazy high. That sued to be reserved for when I had multiple versions of reaktor open. Maybe its Max?

miekwave

Post by miekwave » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:39 am

anybody human wrote:Sorry to be negative but...

Live 9 (32bit) CPU use is really hit and miss. All kinds of different things send Live over 50%, too many to mention. Something must be wrong. Live 8 it was pretty almost impossible to get over 50%, let alone get pops & crackles, and that's in full sets. Live 9 one or two devices or plugins will send CPU usage soaring. Kinda worrying.

- quad core MBP 8gb ram

Anybody else experiencing this? Saw a thread awhile back but it sounded like they thought it had been solved.
Are you experiencing this high % in both 32-bit and 64-bit instances of the same Live Session? Also, do you suppose that it's the way L9 displays the CPU Meter is different than the way L8 displays CPU meter?

adh82

Post by adh82 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:29 am

I started a thread about M4L and it maxing out the CPU.
But last night a track I'd been working on that was very low on the CPU, 1 drum rack and 3 audio tracks with a few fx and it was suddely hitting upto 60%.
The odd thing was I hadn't closed the season and only came back to it a few hours later!
Something is wrong for sure!
I never had this issue in live 8 and my sessions where way bigger....
Hope this gets resolved very soon!!!!