THE BEST THING EVER JUST HAPPENED TO ME IN ABLETON LIVE 9

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Superchibisan!

THE BEST THING EVER JUST HAPPENED TO ME IN ABLETON LIVE 9

Post by Superchibisan! » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:45 pm

I accidentally started Ableton 9 without turning on my APC40 or my keyboard. Amateur move at best on a Windows machine, considering you have to restart Live in order to activate those midi connections. So I turn on my APC40 and what do I see? The Red Box appears around my tracks in Live 9. Oh hey, my keyboard works too! WTFFF!!!!! :)

Literally the best change I have seen in Live 9 yet, and considering the new features and other changes, this is saying a lot.

Thank you Ableton. Thank you so much.

Superchibisan!

Re: THE BEST THING EVER JUST HAPPENED TO ME IN ABLETON LIVE 9

Post by Superchibisan! » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:54 pm

Yes, just like in the Mac version!

SO AWESOME!

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:55 am

True.

Noticed and confirmed immediatly from the Launchpad unplugged PoV side though... Plug it and it's ON as I'm already on my way to click upper right peace cross (my custom nick for at least one thing I enjoy since my first PC lol)

Tested for unplugged and OFF APC40, noted that as it's plugged in and BEFORE the witch to ON I already heard the USB IN sound in Win8 Pro x64. Found it surprising indeed. Enough to do the thing with a pice of dead USB key I kept don't ask me why, no noise, so APC40 OFF is already doing stuff between a hot-plug and switching it ON, weird...
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:39 am

The control surface preferences automatically detect wether you have a control surface plugged in now.
However if you use some 3rd party stuff with an APC40, like Bomes or something from Native Kontrol, Live still auto connects a new Defaulted Control Surface for you too upon start up.
In other words if you have APC40 selected as Control Surface and Bomes Selected for IN and OUT in the top most slot,
When you close Live and reopen it, Live makes a new APC40 connection in the next available slot.

The workaround is to select a control surface for all empty slots.