what is your opinion on the new envelope curves>

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mr.ergonomics

Re: what is your opinion on the new envelope curves>

Post by mr.ergonomics » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Note: with "a matter of second to get the shape you like" I mean that tweaking the curve to the shape want to have visually - not that it's a matter of seconds to get the right result sonically.

I used your method (3), linear interconnections between many points before live and I still do it that way mostly. The problem, I'm pretty sure that curves are marked as implemented for ableton and we will not see any enhancements for a couple of years in that department. From my point of view they wasted time. The current implementation doesn't solve the problems with curve. I don't see a benefit.

But you're right, we'd both be happy to see more flexible curves. Have a good day! 8)
Last edited by mr.ergonomics on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack McOck

Post by Jack McOck » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:26 pm

DrTone wrote:Dream on
:x

DrTone

Post by DrTone » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Oops. Sorry.

silversurfer60

Post by silversurfer60 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:48 pm

DrTone wrote:
You should look at the volumeshaper vst (http://www.cableguys.de/volume-shaper.html).
Wow. I wasn't bothered by Lives new curve options until I saw this cable-guys thing. Dang! Now I want to have it.

But in reality, Lives curves are pretty useable. Making a curve "groove" always requires a bit of fine-tweaking. Even with this volume-shaper-plugin I expect the fiddle time not to shrink considerably. It may be easier to get you near the desired result. But in the end, it is that minute tweaking to get it really swing with the music. I fear, no curve options will take that off of you.

I've been using the PAN CAKE for many years and it is from the same company and it is for free. And very flexible for curves.

http://www.cableguys.de/pan-cake.html