massive plug in to ableton 9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mitochondria

massive plug in to ableton 9

Post by mitochondria » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Im kind of new to all of this but im trying to use the massive plug in and i cant get it to show up in ableton live 9.

I HAVE installed the .vst file and it have found it when i search my mac for it in finder.... when i go to preferences--> file/folder--> i have "use vst plug in system folders" turned on and i have "use vst plug-in custom folder" turned on and have located the vst file with the massive.vst file in it but its gray-ed out and i cant get it to open in ableton.... i have also tried reinstalling massive and it still wont work...

my other question is since i cant get massive to plug in to ableton i have created a sound and would like to import that into ableton and use it as a sample but a .ksd file wont open so then i tried saving it as a .wav file and ableton says that it is either "corrupt or not licensed"...

help with either of these questions would be great!

Thank you in advance!!

darkenedsoul

Re: massive plug in to ableton 9

Post by darkenedsoul » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Are you running 64 bit OS and 32 bit Massive or vice versa? That won't work. You need 32 bit for 32 bit, 64 for 64 unless you are using something like JBridge to bridge 32 bit into 64 bit DAW.

Did you record the wave file out? How did you record it? Standalone in Massive? I wasn't aware of recording in that synth (I have NI Komplete 8 updated since K2 but skipped a couple/few of them). You won't be able to load the .ksd file unles you have NI app/instrument that loads them, why it is saying corrupt/unlicensed I have no clue.

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:13 pm

A .ksd is a file containing preset information, not audio information. It tells the dials on Massive what position they should be in. It's saying it's corrupt because it is trying to read an audio file that contains other data.

mitochondria

Post by mitochondria » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:49 pm

when you say os 64 do you mean the software on my mac or the ableton software... i cant find the "bit" for the massive... i know that my ableton is 64 and im not entirely sure what my osx is...

is there anyway that you can change the bit when you are running the installation?

and i just saved the sound as .wav file. i didnt record it... just "save as" and then changed the .ksd to a .wav lol

so then whats the point of having it as a standalone if you cant use the sound that you create and use it in another program if massive only really works as a plug in?

Liam

Post by Liam » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:54 pm

mitochondria wrote:when you say os 64 do you mean the software on my mac or the ableton software... i cant find the "bit" for the massive... i know that my ableton is 64 and im not entirely sure what my osx is...

is there anyway that you can change the bit when you are running the installation?

and i just saved the sound as .wav file. i didnt record it... just "save as" and then changed the .ksd to a .wav lol

so then whats the point of having it as a standalone if you cant use the sound that you create and use it in another program if massive only really works as a plug in?
I think you are still supposed to run the standalone version first before the plugin?

If you did not so so try a re-install?

PIx2

Post by PIx2 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:46 am

this happened to me go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Native Instruments\Massive\VSTPlugins 64 bit and replace the one in your plugins folder with the one in this folder. hope it helps :) if you don't have a program files (x86) then i dont know.

jeskola01

Post by jeskola01 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:40 pm

mitochondria wrote:Im kind of new to all of this but im trying to use the massive plug in and i cant get it to show up in ableton live 9.

I HAVE installed the .vst file and it have found it when i search my mac for it in finder.... when i go to preferences--> file/folder--> i have "use vst plug in system folders" turned on and i have "use vst plug-in custom folder" turned on and have located the vst file with the massive.vst file in it but its gray-ed out and i cant get it to open in ableton.... i have also tried reinstalling massive and it still wont work...

my other question is since i cant get massive to plug in to ableton i have created a sound and would like to import that into ableton and use it as a sample but a .ksd file wont open so then i tried saving it as a .wav file and ableton says that it is either "corrupt or not licensed"...

help with either of these questions would be great!

Thank you in advance!!
I'm unclear what you have done in the second part - but i'm assuming you created a sound in stand alone and saved it?

Which version of Massive are you running?

Upgrade to the latest (i'm guessing your on an old version as you mention KSD)

Ad darkenedsoul says it's probably a 32/64 issues.