How do I make the files sound crisp and mastered?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Black Caesar

How do I make the files sound crisp and mastered?

Post by Black Caesar » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:48 pm

Let me rephrase and explain what I maen here. I've gotten various remixes from Amerie's "1 Thing"(It's a hot song.) but some of the files are not as good quality or as crisp as the other files. I'm trying to make a SUPER remix with all of the remixes I've collected so far. What is the effect I could use here to clean up those tracks that are low in quality if it's possible? Thanks in advance.
"A person without dreams is like an animal without instinct".

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:45 am

"steinberg clean" can do a good job , i had some issues when i instaled it .so if you get it ,back up before instaling in case it goes wrong .

AndrewDuke

Post by AndrewDuke » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:48 pm

if you're grabbing those remixes off vinyl or cd, they should all be mastered well and be pretty much sonically equivalent. if you're grabbing them from online in various places, you're probably dealing with various compressions that have influenced the end sonic result. you might be better off just trying to get better (sonically) remixes to start with because if you start with files that don't sound so good to start with, things will only sound worse sonically in the end. in short, you want to start with the best material as sonically posssible. andrew