Has anybody received their Push yet?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

panten

Re: Has anybody received their Push yet?

Post by panten » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:56 pm

Same feeling here man. Just spent the last couple of hours with it this evening and just LOVE it. Couldn't be happier with the pad quality, very expressive. Anyway back to it.

yorick2300

Post by yorick2300 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Still waiting for mine. I ordered from Dawsons.co.uk and I've been told that I'm in the first batch. The customer support guys tell me that stock should arrive by the middle of the month.

Upright

Post by Upright » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:04 am

Just got mine! Pads are awesome....build quality is everything I expected...awesome awesome device.

thelegendofgabriel

Post by thelegendofgabriel » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:58 am

received mine 2 days ago. it meets / exceeds all expectations. i'm just scratching the surface and it's easily the most intuitive electronic instrument i've ever used.

buy this device if you haven't already.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:10 am

Loving mine as well. Received it today from Guitar Center. Ordered on March 4th. Working with it took me into that hazy, zen, creative state of mind I've been missing for some time now. This baby is a game changer. The layout of the scales is intuitive as hell.

Upright

Post by Upright » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:37 am

SuburbanThug wrote:Loving mine as well. Received it today from Guitar Center. Ordered on March 4th. Working with it took me into that hazy, zen, creative state of mind I've been missing for some time now. This baby is a game changer. The layout of the scales is intuitive as hell.

I agree....Push is amazing.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:39 am

Apparently a clerical error has held mine up.

'Apologies again, we used to purchase Ableton from a UK distributor which was very simple but now Ableton deal direct we have all had to change over which is where the clerical error happened.'

Bit frustrating i've been off work all week expecting this to be here, but as long as it gets here by next week i'm ok about it.

William

Post by William » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:35 pm

I really like it so far. I was writing music almost immediately after trying out the scale function.

This will be the primary way I write music for the foreseeable future

I need to figure out how to adjust the sensitivity of the pads, but I'm sure a quick reference to the manual will explain that.

Also...I'm really lazy and have never really gotten into using drum racks...but already Push is making me realize the value in using them.

Like others have mentioned, a fix for the inconsistent colors would be welcomed. Also a development in browsing is sorely needed.. Other than that I'm very happy with it.
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/rimby

i7-3770K 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
256GB SSD, 1TB 7200HD

Windows 8

Live 9

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:44 pm

William wrote:...I need to figure out how to adjust the sensitivity of the pads, but I'm sure a quick reference to the manual will explain that.
27.10 (p 514 in my manual) - in the Live 9 User Manual in the 'Using Push' section.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

bastien

Post by bastien » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:33 pm

artpunk wrote:
William wrote:...I need to figure out how to adjust the sensitivity of the pads, but I'm sure a quick reference to the manual will explain that.
27.10 (p 514 in my manual) - in the Live 9 User Manual in the 'Using Push' section.
Make sure you get the newest manual, a load of stuff was missing from the one that installed with Live, a couple of weeks back.

Latest (I think) here: http://cdn2-downloads.ableton.com/manua ... ual_en.pdf

yorick2300

Post by yorick2300 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Mine arrived today. I've had a bit of a play, and I'm seriously impressed. I had been considering the Machine, but I'm glad I waited for Push.

I only got into music production several months ago. I started at a good time - Live 9, Push ... I'm feeling rather spoiled. Now I just need to start saving for Zebra, and then I'll be set (for now).

YNN&OTT

Post by YNN&OTT » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Has anyone in Canada recived theirs yet? Mine has been stuck in customs since the 28th...

aioffermann

Post by aioffermann » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Just got mine =D

Good Night Life

Post by Good Night Life » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Anyone know of any locations (US) with them in stock?