Did anybody pre-order Push from Guitar Center?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
William

Did anybody pre-order Push from Guitar Center?

Post by William » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:38 pm

I did...and so far I've been told it would ship: March 28th, then March 18th, then March 25th, now April 1st.

Anybody else experiencing this?
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/rimby

i7-3770K 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
256GB SSD, 1TB 7200HD

Windows 8

Live 9

ezelkow1

Re: Did anybody pre-order Push from Guitar Center?

Post by ezelkow1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:42 pm

yea, all GC owned retailers have been doing the same, GC, musiciansfriend, music123

agent314

Post by agent314 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 pm

Also pre-ordered. Last week called+talked to the rep I ordered through, and he said the 25th was the expected date

Haven't heard any further. But I expect to be screwed over by them, because why wouldn't they? They already have our money.

davidsl222

Post by davidsl222 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:27 pm

Pre-ordered on March 6th. I received this answer from their CS today when I sent a status update question. Of course you can tell it was a cut and paste job based on some of the info, like calling it a speaker, but else, it seems they are sticking to today at least for now.

"It is showing in my system that we are scheduled to receive and fulfill our orders on the 25th like the previous email stated. If you are really pressed for time, I could look into some other controllers for you, but I would highly recommend staying with the Push, the controller features that are coming with this item surpass most speakers of its likeness. I understand the importance of your time, and fully understand if you can not wait for this to come out, but if you can, I can assure you that you will not be let down by this controller. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me back, or give us a call to the number below.
We appreciate you choosing GuitarCenter.com
. If you should have any questions, concerns or you're not 100% satisfied, please feel free to reach out to your Guitar Center sales representative or your preferred Guitar Center retail location.

We can’t thank you enough for choosing Guitar Center!"

William

Post by William » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:42 pm

I got the April 1st estimate this afternoon when I called GC customer service.
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/rimby

i7-3770K 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
256GB SSD, 1TB 7200HD

Windows 8

Live 9

JimConley

Post by JimConley » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:08 am

I called Musician's Friend about an hour ago to find out whether I could expect see it by Thursday - I have to travel about two hours from Canada to Montana to pick up my toys so I wanted to know whether there was any reason to cross the border going into a long weekend.

I always get a kick out of customer service at Musician's Friend - the place is run like a keg party and I always seem to swing some sort of discount or perk just for calling in. Case in point - Today I asked Christy the CSR if they'd received the Push and got the same line about they are expected in today. I asked if there was a chance in hell it might make Montana by the weekend and she upgraded the shipping for me to Priority for free. This may actually mean I get my Push on November 26th, 2017 instead of November 27th but it was a nice gesture anyway.

Anyway, we'll see it when it gets here. Wish my Photoshop skills were better so I could do a picture of Duke Nukem with a Push..

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:35 am

davidsl222 wrote: I would highly recommend staying with the Push, the controller features that are coming with this item surpass most speakers of its likeness.[/color]

thats some solid gold sales lingo there ;D

AfroDjMac

Post by AfroDjMac » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:35 am

Yea I noticed the same thing on their site. I've called the stores and they basically have no idea. I wonder how many they are getting and when you would have had to have ordered to be on the first batch. I ordered on January 18th! Fingers crossed!
-AfroDjMac -New York producer, songwriter, live electronic musician
http://www.afrodjmac.com

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:04 am

I spoke to the online ordering reps last week. They stated about 478 units were preordered and 400 were supposed to be in by the 18th...with an additional 100 on the 25th. When I spoke to them after, they stated the units were in their warehouses and should ship the 25th. Needless to say I will be calling them tomorrow morning.

AfroDjMac

Post by AfroDjMac » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:42 am

skatr2 wrote:I spoke to the online ordering reps last week. They stated about 478 units were preordered and 400 were supposed to be in by the 18th...with an additional 100 on the 25th. When I spoke to them after, they stated the units were in their warehouses and should ship the 25th. Needless to say I will be calling them tomorrow morning.

That's right, Demand some numbers :D

A lot of people who went through Ableton direct are receiving shipping notices that predict a Wednesday arrival!
-AfroDjMac -New York producer, songwriter, live electronic musician
http://www.afrodjmac.com

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:59 pm

So after a less than pleasant chat with GC, they essentially have not received anything from Ableton...and have no ability to estimate when they will get it. This strikes me as sad since one might think "hey...a lot of people are calling about this, maybe I should call Ableton and find out where we stand". So I confirmed through Ableton myself that initial batches have shipped to end users as well as GC yesterday. So preorders don't expect yours for at least a week while they take the time to process it at distribution. We can send people to the moon but we can't get these idiots to take a minute to critically think.

iowastate89

Post by iowastate89 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Pre-ordered sometime in mid-Feb from Musicians Friend...

I called today, the guy was very friendly; he said (who knows how true it is) that they are still showing shipping of Apr 1st. Said they had around 700 preorders and "more than that" coming in, so he thought everyone would be fulfilled assuming they are still on track for Apr 1st. Take with a gigantic grain of salt

djcyph

Post by djcyph » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:49 pm

just curious, is there any advantage getting it from these retailers instead ableton?

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:54 pm

flexible deals. We got 100 off on it from a promotion a few months ago.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:54 pm

same with music123. Just called them a bit ago and they said they did not receive their expected 03/25 shipment and so everyones dates got pushed to 4/1
djcyph wrote:just curious, is there any advantage getting it from these retailers instead ableton?
price. With GC and MF coupons you could easily get the price down to 500$ from 600$ that ableton wants. You can find some stores too that will do price matching+higher discount getting it even lower than 500$

For me Im more than willing to wait an extra week to save the 150$ off I got compared to what ableton wanted, seems much closer to what I thought the price should be