Did anybody pre-order Push from Guitar Center?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
agent314

Re: Did anybody pre-order Push from Guitar Center?

Post by agent314 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:25 pm

For me, I got via Guitar Center for 12% off plus a 3-year anything-but-theft warranty and the total price came to about 20USD more than I'd have paid getting it right from Ableton

tintala

Post by tintala » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Yeah Ableton aint dishin out any good deals for their consumer base... 8O :cry:

davidsl222

Post by davidsl222 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Just a note Musician's Friend = Guitar Center.

I got a $100 off from GC and there's a generous 30 day return if PUSH ends up sucking balls.

I think the retailers always have better prices than the manufacturers. Manufacturers have to avoid underselling the retailers and creating a bad relationship.

EpsilonExordium

Post by EpsilonExordium » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:40 pm

I ordered from Ableton.com. It shipped yesterday, and arrived at my door about an hour ago.

William

Post by William » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 am

Yeah I had a "Come Back To Us" 20% off coupon, which brought the price to $480 (final price was a little over $508 after tax).
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/rimby

i7-3770K 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
256GB SSD, 1TB 7200HD

Windows 8

Live 9

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:40 am

davidsl222 wrote: I got a $100 off from GC and there's a generous 30 day return if PUSH ends up sucking balls.
Plus a 15% restocking fee btw. GC added that little policy a few years ago when they also got rid of their 45 day return policy.

davidsl222

Post by davidsl222 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:23 am

Tarekith wrote: Plus a 15% restocking fee btw. GC added that little policy a few years ago when they also got rid of their 45 day return policy.
Hmm, they never have charged me a restocking fee. I don't abuse them, but I have returned things including a different controller that I bought late in Feb when I decided to go PUSH instead.

Anyway, I should get the PUSH I ordered in the next week or six months depending upon how that ends up rolling.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:07 am

Plus a 15% restocking fee btw.
Maybe this is for more expensive items, but I've returned/exchanged a number of purchases over the years, and never been charged any restocking fees

lococobra

Post by lococobra » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:28 am

I pre-ordered mine on Dec 31st through Guitar Center. I've called them twice now, their sales/CS people are clueless. "It looks like it's going to be available on April 1 sir" - yes, and last week it said "March 25" and the week before that it said "March 18." Really not their fault though, they only have the information we do. Ableton is undoubtedly just not shipping anything to retailers so they can fill their own pre-orders which they miserably failed to meet demand for.

So now I come on here and see that people who just ordered their Push a week or two ago are already getting theirs. Are you kidding me? Does Ableton think that prioritizing the sales that come through their own site over retailers is going to solve anything? No, it just means there's people like me out there who pre-ordered theirs four months ago who are being strung along with the old "just five more minutes" corporate doublespeak.

On top of that, I beta tested for months. I don't care about being rewarded for the hours of extensive testing I did... but I still consider it a huge slap in the face to have "Ableton Certified Trainers" receiving their Pushes way before launch when the people who are actually doing the testing have to wait.

I've been disappointed with everything about the Live 9... the beta test, launch, push. I wish I could take back every minute I spent beta testing. It didn't do any good. I gave concise, easy to reproduce bug reports and every god damn bug is still in 9.0.2.

I don't know what to do... I want to cancel my order... but I've already waited four months! This whole thing has just been a disaster.

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:53 am

I spoke to gc yesterday and got an email from them. they were told their orderships from ableton 2 days ago and were unsure if it had arrived yet. I'm anticipating the first week of April will be the ship date. either way I can't blame ableton. they get the full price out of their direct customers. retailers get their units at near cost. as much as I hate waiting, I'd do the same thing and fulfill my orders first. on that same note though, I would never give those composites false hope on dates or release either.

JimConley

Post by JimConley » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:36 pm

Definition of irony.

Went to musiciansfriend.com to scope out another controller in case my pre-order ends up being months away. Opened up Midi Controllers and sorted by "best-selling" to see what people are buying.

First listing? Ableton Push.

Jay_NJ

Post by Jay_NJ » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:44 pm

I'd seriously considered preordering one of these, but after seeing what you guys are all experiencing, screw it. I'll wait a few months or whatever it takes until they're more readily available. Seems like they weren't completely prepared to handle the number of orders they've gotten. Now they just have to hope everyone's happy with it once they get it.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:58 pm

lococobra wrote:
I don't know what to do... I want to cancel my order... but I've already waited four months! This whole thing has just been a disaster.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs

In traditional microeconomic theory, only prospective (future) costs are relevant to an investment decision. Traditional economics proposes that economic actors should not let sunk costs influence their decisions. Doing so would not be rationally assessing a decision exclusively on its own merits. Alternatively, a decision-maker might make rational decisions according to their own incentives, outside of efficiency or profitability. This is considered to be an incentive problem and is distinct from a sunk cost problem.

Evidence from behavioral economics suggests this theory fails to predict real-world behavior. Sunk costs do, in fact, influence actors' decisions because humans are prone to loss aversion and framing effects. In light of such cognitive quirks, it is unsurprising that people frequently fail to behave in ways that economists deem "rational."
Ableton | Elektron

Music

JimConley

Post by JimConley » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Whether it means anything or not...

I spoke with GC this AM and they've updated the status to 'shipment processing' which suggests they've actually received some, which would correlate with the supplier batches shipping out at the same time as the orders done through Ableton. No info on how many actually got there. Let's hope for pallets, not boxes.

I don't particularly buy that Ableton shorted the suppliers to fulfill their own orders - I'd guess far more Ableton software (and going forward, hardware) is sold through retail channels than internally - not fulfilling a supplier order to service internal orders is a great way to ruin a relationship with your bread and butter. I'd guess far far more Push's shipped to suppliers this week than internally.

We'll see what the weekend brings.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:04 pm

yea something has changed with GC and its partners. Checked music123's page this morning and it changed from saying available 4/1 to no longer having an availability date, however their buy button doesnt work. So it seems gc/etc are sorting out their possible stocks they might have gotten in. Responded back to the support email where I asked them earlier about dates if they had gotten some but no response yet