Live 9 serious program error: "Current Schema has changed"

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Max Oepen

Live 9 serious program error: "Current Schema has changed"

Post by Max Oepen » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:07 pm

I am now effectively locked out of Live 9. Anytime I try to start the program I get this message:

"A serious program error occurred.
This application will shut down after this message box is closed.

Current schema has changed.
"

How do I fix this?
What could be the cause?

running on Windows 7.

Thank you.

octavious

Re: Live 9 serious program error: "Current Schema has changed"

Post by octavious » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:26 am

faced this problem while updating. You're gonna have to download the whole 600 mb 9.0.2 update pack and install from there.

Max Oepen

Post by Max Oepen » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:16 am

OctavioPineda wrote:faced this problem while updating. You're gonna have to download the whole 600 mb 9.0.2 update pack and install from there.
thanks for the heads-up.

Live had already been automatically updated to 9.0.2.
What guarantees do I have that this will not happen again?
Could anyone enlighten us about what this error actually refers to?

Max Oepen

Post by Max Oepen » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:18 pm

I did download and re-install 9.0.2, and Live is working again.
However, it was quite a pain having re-install all Max for Live packs and patches, as well as any previously installed remote scripts. Took much longer than I was hoping and it is still not back to exactly how things were before.

So: use this as a cautionary tale. If you are relying on Live to start up and work at any given time, you may want to disable the "automatic updates" feature in Live's settings (I did) and update at your own discretion.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 pm

I am assuming this requires an uninstall of Live 9 to facilitate this re-install of 9.0.2? I also heard they pulled it due to crashes (this issue I am assuming)?

[edit] Just noticed 9.0.2 is still listed as downloadable so I am grabbing it again> I have all the packs so I don't have to go through all that pain of downloading, just the fricking reinstalling of them all over again..... Where are their QA testers! Hire me for stuff like this! I'm an SQA engineer as it is....lol

[edit pt. 2] Hmm, installed 9.0.2 and all packs were showing as being there! Woot! I maybe got lucky. Anyways, letting it re-index the 2 places I have with samples/loops and midi clips (handful).

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

Dean09

Post by Dean09 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:24 am

Same thing here. On Win 7. What the heck. Downloading 9.0.2 now. What a pain - trying to finish a song. how common is this? Will I have to download all the packs too?

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:09 am

I didn't have to download them again (you should burn then to DVD's as a backup plan anyways.... common sense stuff) as they showed back up as did my 2 places I had added previously. It still seems sluggish on 4GB memory/3Ghz Core2Duo but it's also running on a 7200 RPM boot disk....so not sure why yet. It just seems to hang for like 1 sec (well not really hang but hiccup and that's with 1 drum rack and 1 MIDI clip in it playing back).
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:27 am

I had this problem with an earlier beta and caused quite a few problems.

Snurker

Post by Snurker » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Another one here .... good to see I'm not alone. Downloaded 9.0.2 and installed without uninstalling Live 9.0.1 using the "Replace" option in the installer. All the Live packs are still there but finding back the User library is taking its time

drez

Post by drez » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Sounds like it is referring to the database "schema"? For example, if the schema got changed and it was referencing tables that weren't there/moved/renamed, etc, that would definitely cause a problem.

If there were no integrity issues, then installing the correct version of the schema would fix the issue. I doubt the data in the database changed, and they wouldn't have changed the content on the drive, just the schema that tells Live how to "find" the data in the database was wrong.

Did they pull the first 9.0.2 update and update it with another version of 9.0.2?
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty