All times are UTC

Post subject: clicks/pops in exported .wav
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:07 am 

Hi,

I'm using Ableton Live Lite 8 (updated) for MIDI recording and VST (solo piano). So, everything's more or less fine in recording process, but when I export the recording as .wav, I often get minor clicks and pops in the recording. Sometimes the clicking is in the same place (after different tries to export), sometimes different kind of clicking in different places. I have tried to export 96/48/44 also with 32 bit and 24 bit , with dithering and without, but still no "perfect" result.

While some of these clicks are so unnoticable and minor, that I still use these recordings for a professional record, it troubles me that everytime I have to double or triple check everything, so that there are no clicks. Getting a clean recording export now seems to be even more difficult than recording process itself and that's, honestly, absurd.

I have also experimented with latency (I use Focusrite Scarlett 8i6USB soundcard), but even with highest latency in the process of export, there are still minor popping noises in places. I use Windows 7, Intel Core i3-2350M, 2,30 GHz, 4GB ram. At the moment even considering getting another software...

Help and suggestions much welcomed. thanks.

Post subject: Re: clicks/pops in exported .wav
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am 

anyone? :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:13 pm 

The problem your experiencing is called the Ableton Live Sound Engine. A known fix is Cubase.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:01 pm 

jtdj wrote:
The problem your experiencing is called the Ableton Live Sound Engine. A known fix is Cubase.

So, basically, ableton is a bit "shite", isn't it? :) I'm getting Cubase trial right now. I only need it for 30 days anyways and hopefully the rest of my recording session will be without errors. Honestly, today I have spent more time trying to get error-less (or at least without major glitches) .wav export that actual music recording itself.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:30 pm 

by the way, cubase trial only runs with some weird usb key lock... So that's out of the question. Any other software recommendations? :?: