undo won't work - always shows "undo custom action?"

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
soundsliketree

undo won't work - always shows "undo custom action?"

Post by soundsliketree » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:24 pm

anyone else ever experience this? in my set (9.0.2 mac) in the edit menu it says (always) "undo custom action" and doesn't undo anything when chosen. also, i can't seem to get that "not yet saved" dot out of the red bubble - and the set reloads with it already in not-yet-saved status. only this set, none of my other ones...

jesQuick

Re: undo won't work - always shows "undo custom action?"

Post by jesQuick » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:52 pm

I have this problem with a set right now. No tracks armed, only audio, no midi inputs, no remotes. A completely straight forward set.
It seems to be only that one set. When creating a new, the undo function works like normal.
At first I figured it had something to do with touchAble, which I installed a few days ago and have used on with this set. But even though there's no connection at all - the problem still persists.
Anybody else have this? I'm on Live 9.1
Thanks!

aubford

Post by aubford » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:04 am

I have this problem. A workaround that works for me is to remove Touchable from the MIDI control surfaces list when I don't need it. Do your producing this way and then plug it back in when you need it to perform live.

soundfollower

Post by soundfollower » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:53 pm

I am also having this same issue, same symptoms.
installed touchable a few days ago.
when i go to undo, it only works 50% of the time, the other half the time it gives me that error.