All times are UTC

Post subject: Cant see all parameters in clip envelope section..?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:37 am 

Wonder if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm trying to automate some effects-plugins in clip view, but only see the standard things like pitch-bend, volume, modulation etc in the top of the list and a whole lot of "controller"-items.

Has ableton changed this?

Post subject: Re: Cant see all parameters in clip envelope section..?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:00 pm 

No, rightclick in the clip, choose at the top of the context menue: show modulation or show automation. Now there are two different kinds of envelopes. After dragging the clip into the arrangement, you can only see the modulation envelope. The modulation envelope is for the parameters of your devices and fx, the automation is for the others. This is due to the new option in live 9, to record clipenvelopes in the session view.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:02 pm 

silversurfer60 wrote:
No, rightclick in the clip, choose at the top of the context menue: show modulation or show automation. Now there are two different kinds of envelopes. After dragging the clip into the arrangement, you can only see the modulation envelope. The modulation envelope is for the parameters of your devices and fx, the automation is for the others. This is due to the new option in live 9, to record clipenvelopes in the session view.

Nice! Thanks :)

I think there must be a bug though, as sometimes only MIDIctrl is listed. Even though I have several plugins on the track.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm 

it is an annoying change

you can add more controls by right clicking on a parameter and then it gives an option to show automation/modulation

would b nice f it was back to live 8 style tho....