All times are UTC

Post subject: Anyone know why i'm having this problem??? (Video attached)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:08 pm 

**Edit - Problem solved in another thread**

I'm working with some midi clips which i've imported and whenever i load a synth on the clip and choose my preset/change the parameters, everything is reset/changed to a different preset whenever i press stop or play. I've tried various synths and have the same problem.

I've recorded a video of the problem i'm having (you'll have to change the quality to HD to make it clear enough to see)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNN036_ak-w

If anyone could shed some light i'd appreciate it. I've emailed support but need to get this fixed asap.

Cheers

Mozz

Post subject: Re: Anyone know why i'm having this problem??? (Video attached)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:32 pm 

My guess is it might have something to do with automation -- I'm not familliar with Sylenth so I can't say for sure, but perhaps there is some midi CC being set in arrangement view, or perhaps the clip that triggers that clip specifies a midi bank to use (In the clip window, in the notes clip properties, check "Bank, Sub Bank, Program")

I don't know how Sylenth runs, so that's the best I can help.

*edit*
Quote:

Oh. :)

What was it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:50 pm 

Pretty much what you said matey!

Here's the response i got in the other thread....

"you have a program change saved into your midi clip

bottom left of screen"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:59 pm 

mozzatron wrote:

bottom left of screen"

can someone help me out too pls!? i have the same problem with FMX8. I seem not to find the box you guys are talking about in the bottom left :/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:17 pm 

Lee.on wrote:
mozzatron wrote:

bottom left of screen"

can someone help me out too pls!? i have the same problem with FMX8. I seem not to find the box you guys are talking about in the bottom left :/

when you click on the midi clip that's problematic - and it just shows the FMX8 device, double click it to show the 'notes box' which has the program change dropdown.

if you still don't see the notes box window - make sure the little music icon in the clip section is highlighted to show it.

otherwise.. not sure.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:38 pm 

Quote:
if you still don't see the notes box window - make sure the little music icon in the clip section is highlighted to show it.

otherwise.. not sure.

hmmm I think that was already selected but I changed something earlier on and it hasnt changed back yet. So I shall see what it will do tomorrow once I work on it again.

Thanks for the help as of now ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:51 am 

mozzatron wrote:
Mozz

If it's solved in another thread, why not post a link to that thread, or at least the solution..?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:46 am 

vido wrote:
mozzatron wrote:
Mozz

If it's solved in another thread, why not post a link to that thread, or at least the solution..?

If you read through this thread you would see that i already had

"Pretty much what you said matey!

bottom left of screen"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:00 pm 

Lee.on wrote:
Quote:

otherwise.. not sure.

hmmm I think that was already selected but I changed something earlier on and it hasnt changed back yet. So I shall see what it will do tomorrow once I work on it again.

Thanks for the help as of now ;)

If you click on the midi clip that's giving you the issue, and make sure you have the midi view selected at the bottom (not the one that shows your plug-in/effects, but the one that let's you input midi information) you will see some boxes in the very bottom left of your screen. By default it should have a box titled clip and a box titled notes (If notes isn't showing, look at the bottom of your clip box and you will see three circles, one with an "L', one with a musical note, and one with an "E" Click on the one with the musical note so it turns yellow and you will then see you Notes box. At the bottom left of the notes box you will see a header that says "Pgm Change", and at the very bottom of that there is a tab for "Pgm ---". My issue was that it has a number at the side of it which corresponded to a certain preset in my synth, so whenever i stopped playing, it reverted to that particular preset. To solve the issue i just right clicked and reset the value to blank.

Hope that helps mate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:23 pm 

Quote:
if you click on the midi clip that's giving you the issue, and make sure you have the midi view selected at the bottom (not the one that shows your plug-in/effects, but the one that let's you input midi information) you will see some boxes in the very bottom left of your screen. By default it should have a box titled clip and a box titled notes (If notes isn't showing, look at the bottom of your clip box and you will see three circles, one with an "L', one with a musical note, and one with an "E" Click on the one with the musical note so it turns yellow and you will then see you Notes box. At the bottom left of the notes box you will see a header that says "Pgm Change", and at the very bottom of that there is a tab for "Pgm ---". My issue was that it has a number at the side of it which corresponded to a certain preset in my synth, so whenever i stopped playing, it reverted to that particular preset. To solve the issue i just right clicked and reset the value to blank.

Hope that helps mate

yes, I think thats what I did yesterday and it is working as of now. thanks for the help guys! much appreciated!