Live 9 browser issues (windows)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mekanism1200

Live 9 browser issues (windows)

Post by mekanism1200 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Any other windows users having problems with the 9's new browser? I cant get it to do or find anything. I told it in preferences where all of my samples/live 8 library are and even tried adding a folder in PLACES with no luck. I can add the folder but when I click it nothing happens. I am using an SSD for my main drive and a HD for samples/live 8 library. What happened to the repair library section? Live 9 is useless for me at the moment! :evil:

pepezabala

Re: Live 9 browser issues (windows)

Post by pepezabala » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:50 pm

Live9's browser is empty, no devices at all? Then you probably opened Live9 with Live8 already open.

Close everything. Take a deep breath. Open Live9 again. Now your library should be populated.

Now start producing. Be happy to have the most fun music application in the world.

mekanism1200

Post by mekanism1200 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Yup! That did it! Just had to restart program and it works! Thanks! Now time to get lost in live 9 yummy goodness!

Antieverything

Post by Antieverything » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:18 pm

And what if, let's say I opened up live 9 and live 8 at the same time and some of the folders haven't repopulated in over a week? I can't figure out how to get my sounds to show back up!

Sonarcade

Post by Sonarcade » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:52 pm

I've been having identical issues where the browser would be empty and then upon restarting the program, it would populate, and then again on the next restart, it would be empty, and so on. Instead of having to restart the program each time the browser is empty, is there a way to get the browser to properly work? Thanks.
http://www.myspace.com/anschauung

Dell Inspiron 7520, Ipad 2

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:03 pm

Antieverything wrote:And what if, let's say I opened up live 9 and live 8 at the same time and some of the folders haven't repopulated in over a week? I can't figure out how to get my sounds to show back up!
close both... open one?

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Sonarcade wrote:I've been having identical issues where the browser would be empty and then upon restarting the program, it would populate, and then again on the next restart, it would be empty, and so on. Instead of having to restart the program each time the browser is empty, is there a way to get the browser to properly work? Thanks.
Seeing a post similar to this elsewhere in this forum makes me want to suggest you file a bug report on it so it gets put onto their long list of things to look into and fix (if an issue). I have not run into this....yet, then again haven't been using in it a little while now either.

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.