All times are UTC

Post subject: How to export Audio of each track of Drum Rack ?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:34 pm 

Hi,

I programmed a rhythmic sequence with Drum Rack.
Global sound is treated in the output Master of Drum Rack by several effects (buffer schuffler +++).

I would like to obtain Audio tracks of each slots of Drum Rack with the audio effects located at principal output.

Export Audio/Video give me only the audio track of the principal output, but I would like each track of Drum Rack with the audio effect of the output master of Drum Rack.

How to make ?

Best regards

All

Post subject: Re: How to export Audio of each track of Drum Rack ?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:02 am 

Since the effects are on the principal output of the drum rack, you cannot print the effects to each chain in your drum rack individually because the effects are not there. You would have to copy the effects on the principal output to each individual chain in the drum rack. However, I don't think this will sound the way you want it, but you can try.

If all you're looking to do is to convert your drum rack to audio files on their own tracks, you'll want to use the Extract Chains feature to extract each chain in your drum rack individually to its own track. It will also copy any effects included in the chain.

Next, freeze & flatten each of the new tracks, and then group them. Grouping them creates a new principal output for the new audio tracks. After that, copy the effects from your original drum rack principal output to your new group principal output.

I would also suggest you duplicate your drum rack and do these steps to the copy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:51 pm 

I wish drum racks would do like Battery where each cell can be routed independently to anywhere.

I alway see "Audio to" box in my drum rack and wish one day it would work the way I want it to.

so it goes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:12 am 

Hi,

Thank you.
Yours information will help me.

All

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:36 am 

Quote:
I wish drum racks would do like Battery where each cell can be routed independently to anywhere
Drum rack Cells can be routed to their own channel tracks just like NI's Battery. Have a look on YouTube for a tutorial I'm pretty sure there's a vid on there telling you how to do this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:41 pm 

What would I search?

I must admit I haven't looked for this info since L7. I kinda gave up on having one Drum Rack containing a kick and then a Audio tracks one where I send the Kick and one where I send the snare and so on....

I'd love to see this feature happen I just cant seem to find the right words to type into youtube.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:29 pm 

here's how i would do it.
1: create audio tracks for each drum pack you want to record separately
2: set each audio track to IN on the monitoring switch
3: set each audio track's audio source to the drumrack in the first Audio from drop down
4: in the second audio from drop down select the post mixer source of the drum pad you are interested in

It works.

Live's routing is a bit technical but its worth getting to grips with.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:43 pm 

Quote:
What would I search?

I must admit I haven't looked for this info since L7. I kinda gave up on having one Drum Rack containing a kick and then a Audio tracks one where I send the Kick and one where I send the snare and so on....

I'd love to see this feature happen I just cant seem to find the right words to type into youtube.

Essentially a drum rack is exactly that, a series of grouped audio channels, with a different set of sends/returns. Using some clever routing of that send/return section you can achieve what you seek however.

For instance, maybe you have several kick channels that you want routed to one specific bus outside of the other drum racks. You can:
-Create a return labeled "KICK OUT" or something
-Set the send to 100% for relevant kick channels
-Mute the mixer output of those specific channels so they are being routed only through the KICK OUT send/return
-Assign "Audio Out" from the return to whatever channel you wish, anywhere in your set.

Being that you can have drum racks nested within themselves, and groups etc contained in the racks, I don't ever end up needing to go that far into it. But everyone uses their tools differently, so there you go -- a way to send audio out from within a drum rack (or any number of drum racks) to a specific bus.

The other thing you can do (and I do regularly):
Let say I want my hats affected by the same reverb return as the rest of the entire track, but not the BD. You can create a return in your drum rack and route that audio directly to a return in the master set, thus routing the specific audio in your drum rack directly to the master sets returns.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:49 pm 

Awesome Thanks!