Optimized for G4s

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
La Pomme

Optimized for G4s

Post by La Pomme » Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:32 pm

Ableton:
"We also suffer on the slow performance on macs relativ to pcs. But again, it is just not a quick and easy job. It will take a while.... We will see if we have enough time to do altivec optimisation also in this release, I cannot promise. "

If I understand well, to optimize Live for G4s is... too hard.
What are you guys doing???????????
ALTIVEC SHOULD BE A TOP PRIORITY!!!!
Whatever pc users will say, mac is THE reference for pros. You wanna spit on that market????
Wanna stay a software for bedroom musicians done by bedroom managers? You sound like guys from a disorganized start-up, you know, these dotcoms which almost all bankrupted few years ago.
What about selling Ableton to Apple to get professionnal marketing strategies?

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:13 pm

Criticizing always is easy .... insulting even easier ... fortunately most mac users on this forum know what manners are and are capable of voicing their concerns , even frustrations in a moderate, polite way ....

This kind of 'under the belt bashing" doesn't do anything good to the mac community here, nore does it show much maturity ...
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:18 pm

La Pomme,

While I agree that Altivec should be top priority, I urge you to please put a bit more thought into your unqualified and unnecessary remarks before you post them here.

a) Optimisation isn't too hard, it's simply taking them time. If you don't have that time, go ahead and buy a PC
b) The times when Macs were the only reliable solution for audio professionals are LONG gone --- you're about 4 years behind here. Catch up!
c) Ableton is by no means a bedroom application -- come on Pomme, wake up, If anybody it's YOU who's soundly asleep!
I've seen Live used in many clubs - Jan Jelinek recently at Maria comes to mind - and I would hardly call that club a BEDROOM

LOL! :lol:

Regards,
LA ORANGE

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:20 pm

Got logged out again --- it was me who posted the above

format
LE POMMEGRANATE

La Pomme

Post by La Pomme » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:48 pm

This comment about seeing Live in clubs is very relevant, Orange :)
My bedroom dj friend will be happy.
"Hey buddy!!! You are not a bedroom dj, I've seen turntables in a club last day!!!!"....

"bedroom" isnt only about the gear, but the attitude.
My point is: Live is brilliant, but obviously the brilliant people who concieved it seem to have problems to manage their business. Unfortunately, that's very often like that.

the8bitdeity

I don't flame often, but....

Post by the8bitdeity » Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:11 pm

"My point is: Live is brilliant, but obviously the brilliant people who concieved it seem to have problems to manage their business. Unfortunately, that's very often like that."

-Here is an idea: Code your own fucking application and shut the fuck up. Don't pay for it if you don't want it. OK? Is that simple enough for you? You're a "troll" go the fuck under your bridge.

La Pomme

Post by La Pomme » Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:24 pm

8bit,

would advise to disregard all this kind of fuckin stupid american fuckhead behaviour in the future ... already spent far too many words on this

the8bitdeity

Post by the8bitdeity » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:10 pm

I'm just tired of people who are constantly bitching and slagging companies. If you dislike the product so much: don't buy it. If you want to constructively critisize, do so, but I don't see much of that coming from you. All I see is complaints.

rpsx

Re: Optimized for G4s

Post by rpsx » Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:56 pm

La Pomme wrote:Ableton:
"We also suffer on the slow performance on macs relativ to pcs. But again, it is just not a quick and easy job. It will take a while.... We will see if we have enough time to do altivec optimisation also in this release, I cannot promise. "
hey, thanks for posting that. I missed it before. nice to see that Ableton cares enough about it's product AND it's users to actually talk to them about features, and let users in on what they want to do and where they are going. how many other companies do that? umm... almost none!

if you want to rant about something, join nord modular users (like me). now THEY have something to complain about.

or how bout PC Emagic Logic users... i'd be upset if I were them. maybe, ableton should yank the macos version, because it doesn't live up to your standards, then what will you have to say?

Ableton is doing a good job, but people like you are going to make them talk less to us about features and ideas. please, think a bit more about what you're saying, and they way you are saying it. you are talking directly to the creators here. i'd say they've earned themselves quite a bit of respect, and we should all give it to them.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:51 am

Don't even bother talking to a guy calling himself Le Apple who insults Americans, cross-posts and quotes incorrectly and inappropriately. End of story.

Well, if LIve went to PC-only I'd probably follow if I weren't a PC user to begin with :lol: .... I am about to do the opposite though as I am a Logic Platinum Windows man.... nevertheless, I think that Emagic are committed to giving PC users their V5 update's worth with several 5.X versions to come.... and those can be used infinitely (until newer OSs come out that are not supported by the by the "old" Logic - but this may well be a few years from now...). I, for one, am still using Win98---- and reasonably happy with it.

format