Anybody excited about Reason 7?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tkarmakid

Anybody excited about Reason 7?

Post by tkarmakid » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:07 am

With all the excitement of the Live 9 release and clamoring for Push nobody seems to have noticed this one.
I Think I might get this. I haven't upgraded my copy, I'm still on version 4. They have made a quite a few changes since then. I think it only cost about $129.00 so it wouldn't put me out to much. :)

kevwestbeats

Re: Anybody excited about Reason 7?

Post by kevwestbeats » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:28 am

Reason only users are ecstatic me not so much. I was excited to get Komplete 9 and Maschine but for Reason 7? No not so much though I do like the update for using Reason stand alone. For rewire guys like me and I assume you would be I could careless about it.
http://www.KevWestBeats.com
http://www.YouTube.com/DjKevWest
http://www.Facebook.com/KevWestbeats
http://www.Twitter.com/KevWestBeats

Live 9, Komplete 9, Maschine MK2, IK Total Studio, XLN Audio Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums, All of FXpansion's fx.

[art]

Post by [art] » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 am

midi out is nice to finally have

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:14 am

tkarmakid wrote:With all the excitement of the Live 9 release and clamoring for Push nobody seems to have noticed this one.
I Think I might get this. I haven't upgraded my copy, I'm still on version 4. They have made a quite a few changes since then. I think it only cost about $129.00 so it wouldn't put me out to much. :)
Reason4 - 7 is like getting Reason, Record and Recycle. It's almost like a real DAW.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am

i own 6, but i rarely use it. i need to figure that out. i like it for making drum loops on redrum. eh' i might upgrade. *shrug*
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:39 am

I use Live with Reason via rewire,and there is lots of new features,,too many to mention. :D

But Midi out is a real boon, for those with external gear.

Converting audio to the Rex format,is going to be a welcome addition too,for newcomers,or exisiting users,wanting a quick and painless way of making some Rex loops to use,quickly

Having the ability to have buss groups on the SSL mixer is a very welcome addition,so is the new graphical display on the mixer,very handy (just like Live 9 very nice to see and hear what your doing with the E.Q 8 ) lol

And having a expanded Reason Sound bank will mean lots more choice to users too

Both Reason and Live packed with new features and sounds,will make an awesome pair together,will certainly keep me entertained for hours (when I'm not working on a shift,ha,ha) :D
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic

gjm

Post by gjm » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:16 am

I really admire all you guys who can operate multiple Top Tier DAW's. You must know so much about the ins and outs of each one of them and how they work that you can only conclude that the solutions to your DAW dilemmas (and the music you can't make inside just one of them) must lie in carefully weaving several of them together just to get that last 1 percent of wow factor. Every now and then I get to wonder if there is something wrong with me, in that I can actually start and finish something in Live. :(
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

tone61

Post by tone61 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:23 am

Might be the age thing :) When you're young it's much easier and quicker to learn new things. At least my that's my experience.

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:35 am

Not me.

gjm

Post by gjm » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:53 am

tone61 wrote:Might be the age thing :) When you're young it's much easier and quicker to learn new things. At least my that's my experience.
Thanks for reminding me :lol:
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

kevwestbeats

Post by kevwestbeats » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:00 am

gjm wrote:I really admire all you guys who can operate multiple Top Tier DAW's. You must know so much about the ins and outs of each one of them and how they work that you can only conclude that the solutions to your DAW dilemmas (and the music you can't make inside just one of them) must lie in carefully weaving several of them together just to get that last 1 percent of wow factor. Every now and then I get to wonder if there is something wrong with me, in that I can actually start and finish something in Live. :(
Live with the right vsts is totally capable. I actually think for many Reason is a big rack of plug ins that they use inside of Live. Personally I got Reason first and have had it for 10 years meanwhile I have had Live for just under 1 year. I know Reason inside out Live not so much.
http://www.KevWestBeats.com
http://www.YouTube.com/DjKevWest
http://www.Facebook.com/KevWestbeats
http://www.Twitter.com/KevWestBeats

Live 9, Komplete 9, Maschine MK2, IK Total Studio, XLN Audio Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums, All of FXpansion's fx.

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:19 am

gjm wrote:I really admire all you guys who can operate multiple Top Tier DAW's. You must know so much about the ins and outs of each one of them and how they work that you can only conclude that the solutions to your DAW dilemmas (and the music you can't make inside just one of them) must lie in carefully weaving several of them together just to get that last 1 percent of wow factor. Every now and then I get to wonder if there is something wrong with me, in that I can actually start and finish something in Live. :(
Hi Bud

Yeah its easy to start a track and not finish it.I tend to have frequent breaks ( due to shift work),and focus on a bit of the track at the time,rather than rushing and not finishing,ha,ha

With me,I come from a completely non- musical background.I have listened and learned,from people here on the forums,elsewhere, and picked stuff as I gone along.

I use the superb Macpro video tutorials too for valuable learning too :D

Started with Reason 4 years ago,and gained a lot of confidence and knowledge,and still learning,( as I expect we all are)

I started with Live in 2011,(due to its great features and ease of use) and discovered the joys of using Rewire,together with Live,( now I got a template made up,its even easier ,he,he)

Using both together gives me a huge choice and a lot of scope for my ambient music :D

And this year with even more new stuff to learn,its going to be an exciting year for me and producing new ambient music :D

gjm

Post by gjm » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:38 am

david.barker wrote:And this year with even more new stuff to learn,its going to be an exciting year for me and producing new ambient music :D
Yes, I realize that a lot of people have migrated to Live from something else... the ability to rewire makes it easy to hang onto the old and familiar. I can't help but wonder if that is an excuse though to not take your new DAW seriously. Why not just delete the old DAW and be done with it? Is it a feeling of 'loosing money' or something? I am busy trying to learn how to skin a cat many ways inside of Live. I find it hard to conceive that I would ever want to figure out how to do the same exact thing in several other DAW's? :?

On a slightly different note, I caught myself today judging myself negatively. I started an 'Ambient' project in Live and momentarily thought that the word 'Ambient' was an excuse for 'I actually fcuken can't make anything else sensible musically,' so I will just call it Ambient.

lowshelf

Post by lowshelf » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:13 pm

Yes and no. I'm excited about it in a good for them way, but not enough to make me want to upgrade my OS etc to get it. By and large, commercial audio software is so utterly mediocre now. And 2013 is looking like a vintage year.

studiologic

Post by studiologic » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:56 pm

i am happy for Reason users... but there is nothing in the update that i do not own already... i have Reason 6.5... but once you use/understand the power of Live 9... why bother with Reason or any other product... at one point it should be all about making the music and not what tools are used to make the music...