All times are UTC

Post subject: Problem switching windows in Full Screen mode
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:58 am 

Hi,

I like Ableton in full screen mode (press F11 in Windows). But once I'm there, it won't let me alt-tab or win-tab between windows. The screen just stays focussed on Ableton. Does anyone know how to fix this? For example, I like to have instructional videos playing and then switch to Ableton to practice what I'm learning. But to get out of Ableton, I have to minimise everything, then click the video icon in the taskbar to watch it, then alt-tab to Ableton, then minimise everything to get back to the video again. It seems to be a small issue except I do a lot of switching because it's only a 13" laptop.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Problem switching windows in Full Screen mode
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:04 pm 

I'm on mac so I could be wrong, but I thought this was a feature of full screen modes in general, you have to escape to switch to anything else, as far as I'm aware.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:39 am 

No. On Windows 7, at least, you can switch between full screen windows. I just did it with Firefox and Word both in full screen at the same time. I'm sure it's just Ableton that resists switching.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:31 am 

Actually I just tried an experiment, I can swap between Ableton and Firefox in Full Screen on a mac, in Active Screen Corners. I never use FSM though, so I'm not particularly familiar with it. In fact I'm stuck in it now, in Firefox, how do I get out? Help!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:41 am 

Pressing Esc or F11 gets you back out of FSM.

I just figured a makeshift solution to my problem. My mouse has an extra button, and setting that to "next window" seems to work. I am going to get a mouse with lots of buttons to make things easier with Ableton.

BTW, I reckon that space above the launch menu could be used for a user shortcuts menu. It would also be great if users could create shortcuts for right-clicking the mouse. But I think Ableton want people to buy Push to solve ease of use problems.