Export Sample rate playback anomaly

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pr0fessor

Export Sample rate playback anomaly

Post by pr0fessor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:59 pm

This has happened to me a couple of times: Start session in 24/48. Work on it for a couple of days and export the audio. When playing back the exported audio, it plays back fast, as if it were playing a 44.1 file in 48. When I go back into the session, and toggle the sample rate from 48 to 441, then back to 48... it THEN plays everything back fast, and I can't get it back to the original tempo/pitch. It's as if live is showing 48k, but really monitoring in 44.1. I've tried to duplicate this process, but it seems random. It has happened now twice to me on export, but other times everything is fine. I'm using a mac pro 8core, 32gb ram. The computer is a protools computer, so I'm monitoring through digi's core manager--which also is set to 48k. Oh, and once I toggle the sample rate in live, it never goes back to the original pitch and timing. This is very strange.

Anyone else having some strange export issues? This is the 32bit version of live with some Max plugs in place. That didn't seem to matter though when I tried to duplicate the error.