All times are UTC

Post subject: Question about slicing and layering breaks.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:36 pm 

Hey, I am trying to slice a jungle break, using slice to midi's default setting. I get it sliced to a drum rack, then I want to layer in one hits by adding a new chain with the one hit. The problem is every chain I add only triggers on the first drum beat. So if i want to add multiple chains for multiple kicks or snares, I want them to trigger at different pads, but they are all only triggering on the first pad. I know I can do this in the sampler, it is how i used to do in Kontakt, but I would like to do it in a drum rack. What am I missing?

Sorry in advance if this is already been addressed. I googled the forum. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Question about slicing and layering breaks.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:52 pm 

Have you tried dragging the one hits to the pad you want to layer the sound on. That should work

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:01 pm 

I'll give that a shot. What about missing transients? I'm pretty new here. When live misses a transient it misses a slice though, and not sure how to put them in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:30 pm 

If you drag it to the drum rack it replaces the slice. I did figure it out though, you create a new chain then open up the I/O section and change the midi in note to match which ever slice you want it to trigger at the same time.