All times are UTC

Post subject: Adding Easy Pitch Selection to My Drum Programming Workflow.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:06 am 

Hey all,

I have all my separate drum samples for each drum sound in different Sampler instances, each of which lives in their own Drum Rack cell, so that I can easily scroll through 100's of kicks, snares, hats, etc. I would like to be able to choose a particular sound I like and then also have 2 or 3 octaves of pitch to audition so that I can easily tune my drums to the key of the song while programming the drums instead of having to tune them later on. I know I can achieve this by macroing the pitch envelope or the transpose knob, but I would like to have the sound mapped out across 2 or 3 octaves on my midi keyboard. Also, because I am not trained well enough by ear to hear if my drums are perfectly pitched to the key of the song. I feel like having the respective notes mapped out on a keyboard will help me to further train my ear. A problem I foresee running into is not knowing the root note of all my samples. I know I can constrain the Key Zone Editor on an instrument rack to whatever I want, but what if the samples' root note does not correspond to the Key Zone range?

It might be less complicated than I am making it. Can anyone provide some insight?

Thanks