Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:55 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Been having a lot of trouble getting Live to connect with my MOTU Track 16 ASIO driver lately. Just wondering if anyone has had similar trouble or has any ideas for a solution.
Lenovo P400 (Z400) notebook computer
Windows 8 64-bit
Live 9.0.2 64-bit
MOTU Track 16 with latest drivers 4.0.55333 and firmware (1.03), plugged into a USB 2 port (not USB 3)
The trouble - Live hardly ever syncs up with the ASIO in/out. Most of the time I have no sound output when I try the test tone on Live's audio preferences.
Fixes I've tried...
- Set Arturia Minimoog standalone output to Track 16 ASIO for testing. Did not work.
- Reinstall MOTU drivers. Restarted computer. Worked for one session with Live a couple days ago.
- Restarted computer. Not working now. No working audio in/out between Track 16 and Live 9.
- ASIO4All currently works with Live 9 and my notebook's on-board sound card.
- Power cycle the Track 16. No difference.
- Set Arturia Minimoog standalone output to Track 16 ASIO for testing. Works fine with the Minimoog but not with Live.
I'm not sure if it's a MOTU or Ableton problem, but I have about another week to figure it out before I need to send the Track 16 back. Very frustrating.
I need a baby sit my boys and work the day job plug-in.