All times are UTC

Post subject: Can you demo multiple versions? New beta?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:31 am 

Is it possible to demo version 9.0.2 after you've demoed 9.0.1? Also, how does one get on the new beta releases? Does this require a previous license or can anyone register for it? I believe I downloaded a new beta release but haven't installed it as I've just installed the basic 9 Suite demo. I'd like to get a realistic preview of what 9 is going to be like as a "finished product" as a large portion of members of this forum seem to be finding some bugs and lack of functionality in the released product so far...

Sorry if this is a crappy first post. I'm really looking forward to participating in this forum. A lot of you are very knowledgeable and I've already reaped many benefits of that while I was demoing version 8 last month. Thanks a bunch!

Post subject: Re: Can you demo multiple versions? New beta?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:12 pm 

As far as I know the current betas are only for registered owners of 9. It wouldn’t make good business sense for the demo clock to start over every time Ableton releases a new revision or beta. If that were the case people could probably just continue to use the demos indefinitely and never actually buy it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:07 pm 

Thanks for your response. I guess that's the conclusion I was coming to. I don't really know how often they make updates. I became an Intro owner when my Push arrived today but I just downloaded the Suite demo last night. I'll see if I can get on the beta when I install Intro if it's still happening in a month.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:01 pm 

Well that’s certainly a different way of becoming a Live user. Most users start with Live and then get one of their proprietary controllers. You did the exact opposite.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:15 am 

I've been meaning to try out Live in a meaningful way and have always known that I could learn it and make it a useful production tool no matter what minor shortcomings it might have in certain areas. It's use as a performance platform as well as a DAW makes it pretty much essential to someone like myself. Performing with Reason always felt like a ruse (I really was just the guy "pressing play.") When I learned about Push I had just been looking for a decent controller for automating multiple parameters at once in Reason. I saw a great opportunity to streamline my workflow, perform live, and break old creative habits. As it stands right now I will probably upgrade to Suite within the next couple of months. There's also the possibility that I may just upgrade to Standard and save my money for plugins or Reason 7. Apparently I have a lot of comparing to do in the next month. I plan on downloading some nice plugin demos this month. I'll be lucky if I have enough time to make an educated decision.