All times are UTC

Post subject: Questions for Push users
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:23 pm 

1) Can you adjust sample start / end ? I've seen a video on YT and the guy was navigating a Rack then a Cell and then Sampler's parameters. And there was a parameter "S.Start" which I believe was sample start.
2) Are the buttons clicky or rubbery ?
3) Has anyone connected it directly to an iPad ? I want to know if it gives you the power message.

Post subject: Re: Questions for Push users
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:58 pm 

alex.buga wrote:
1) Can you adjust sample start / end ? I've seen a video on YT and the guy was navigating a Rack then a Cell and then Sampler's parameters. And there was a parameter "S.Start" which I believe was sample start.

you can adjust start/end points in simpler within a rack, but not in sampler. the params for sampler are attack, release, transpose, and volume but only volume actually works when the sampler is within a rack. definitely a bug.
alex.buga wrote:
2) Are the buttons clicky or rubbery ?

they're in between. they have a good click to them, but when pushing down they flex slightly.

overall the build quality is great, minus the led inconsistencies. integration has a long way to go yet. e.g. the browser is basically broken: you can't browse any user content unless you put it in folders using the core library's folder naming convention, and even then it will not see .wav/.aif files.

Last edited by scientist on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm 

Thanks.

at 1) The guy navigated the Sampler parameters with the arrow buttons on top right. Like Bank buttons for those 8 knobs. I guess it's possible for Sampler too.

2) Man, that's not what I wanted to hear :D I was really hoping a folder browsing like the MPC Ren. Set up a Place in the browser and browse it folder by folder. Although, Live 9 browser is something I like a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:08 pm 

alex.buga wrote:
Thanks.

at 1) The guy navigated the Sampler parameters with the arrow buttons on top right. Like Bank buttons for those 8 knobs. I guess it's possible for Sampler too.

2) Man, that's not what I wanted to hear :D I was really hoping a folder browsing like the MPC Ren. Set up a Place in the browser and browse it folder by folder. Although, Live 9 browser is something I like a lot.

yep, sucks. btw there is a push forum section now, and the first post has a FAQ in it that mentions browsing for samples. so while the FAQ is actually incorrect regarding browsing samples, i think that means that this will be fixed eventually. browsing custom folders may never happen, and if so it's a huge oversight.