Some pads have a light blue hue to them...anyone else?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Upright

Some pads have a light blue hue to them...anyone else?

Post by Upright » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:25 am

In the scales/chords mode some of my white pads are slightly bluish/white...anyone else get this?

SuburbanThug

Re: Some pads have a light blue hue to them...anyone else?

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:07 am

Some of mine are purplish. There seems to be quite a few different hues going on. Under Ableton Forums you'll find Push discussion. There's a couple threads and at least one person pretty pissed off about this. It doesn't really bother. Should it? So far my unit is pretty impressive and I haven't noticed any bugs yet but I've only been using it a couple hours.

ObtuseMoose

Post by ObtuseMoose » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:47 am

Yeah, it seems to be a common thing. Mine has a few pads that are a bit purplish and some that look a little greenish. Under each pad are LEDs in red, green, and blue colors. To get white, they turn on all three colors. As I understand it, the problem is that different LEDs can vary in brightness for the same electrical current passing through them. So if, say, the blue LED under one pad is a little brighter than the blue LEDs under the other pads, that pad will look slightly blueish compared to the others.

Obviously it doesn't affect the playability of the instrument, but it does detract from the aesthetics a bit. Kind of like a guitar with one machine head (tuning knob) a different color than the others. I'm hoping that Ableton may eventually be able to provide a software update that would let users "tune" the colors of each pad. If they can't, well, I'll just consider it one of the things that makes my Push uniquely mine. :roll:

--
Moose
"all the musical ability of a blocked nostril"

Upright

Post by Upright » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:36 am

ObtuseMoose wrote:Yeah, it seems to be a common thing. Mine has a few pads that are a bit purplish and some that look a little greenish. Under each pad are LEDs in red, green, and blue colors. To get white, they turn on all three colors. As I understand it, the problem is that different LEDs can vary in brightness for the same electrical current passing through them. So if, say, the blue LED under one pad is a little brighter than the blue LEDs under the other pads, that pad will look slightly blueish compared to the others.

Obviously it doesn't affect the playability of the instrument, but it does detract from the aesthetics a bit. Kind of like a guitar with one machine head (tuning knob) a different color than the others. I'm hoping that Ableton may eventually be able to provide a software update that would let users "tune" the colors of each pad. If they can't, well, I'll just consider it one of the things that makes my Push uniquely mine. :roll:

--
Moose

Thanks for clarifying this. Push is still awesome....it's the best interfacing device/controller I've EVER had the pleasure of using.