All times are UTC

Post subject: question about intricate mapping to an expression pedal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:10 am 

So I have an FCB 1010, and i've been using the expression pedal to do this cool pitch shifting effect using 'simple delay'. I use the pedal while playing guitar.

Basically I set the delay to be a "repitch" delay but right clicking the device and choosing it. Then I map the expression pedal to the delay time.
The result is that sound when you turn the delay time on an actual delay unit, where the pitch is shifted briefly before reaching the delay time you just set.
In the mapping window on the left, I set the minimum and maximum parameter only a few units apart, so I can rock the pedal back and forth and get a constant pitch bending sound, up and down.

So heres the problem:

When I increase the delay time, by moving the pedal forward, I get a pitch change from low to high, kinda like a whammy pedal, it does close to a half step shift to the correct note.
But when I move the pedal backwards, it does a high to low pitch change, lowering to the correct note.

Pretty much I only want to have the Low to High change, and be able to do it over and over, without having to hear the high to low change in between.

The only thing I could think of is if there was a way to set it so that when I decrease the velocity from 127, the delay time is set back to zero immediately, that way when i move the pedal backwards, it can't get any lower.

This is probably something that Live cannot do, but I was hoping somebody might have an alternative solution?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: question about intricate mapping to an expression pedal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:01 am 

.pmub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:01 am 

at least tell me I can't do it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 am 

The only way you can do that is to temporarily mute the delay when you pull back as any movement in delay time/pitch will alter the delay as it plays. Tbh, I cant think how to do that using only macros and mapping, may have to be a m4l device. I'll have a think