Sonic Lab Push Review

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
polyslax

Sonic Lab Push Review

Post by polyslax » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:49 pm

Image Image

Buleriachk

Re: Sonic Lab Push Review

Post by Buleriachk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:26 pm

I found this to be a very thoughtful review by an excellent musician. In particular, he identifies a number of points to consider when trying to decide whether to make the jump. I found myself leaning toward the Push more after seeing his perspective on it, but still with a lot of questions and a number of the same caveats, although he does make it clear that Push has a lot of undeveloped potential, and is a whole new direction for music performance and production.

And I must say, that as a Flamenco guitarist from the '60's, the whole idea sucks, but I'm TRYING to adapt.....
(Sheesh, the hand weavers that lost their jobs when the loom became available think THEY had it bad......)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Yes, thanks for posting this, I always like Nick's reviews. He seems to be pretty balanced and honest about what he thinks, though I did find it interesting that he didn't really "get" Live until using Push. Interesting perspective.

Everytime I see these Push videos I want one more and more, even though I KNOW it's not something that will really help my workflow very much. Stupid gear lust....

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Yeah, I keep thinking about replacing my APC40 with Push and using either my nanoKontrol (for sliders) or Axiom Air Mini 32 as complementary along with for home use. Totally irrelevant except for possible fun; and $600 is a lot of rides at Disneyland ....
Tarekith wrote:Yes, thanks for posting this, I always like Nick's reviews. He seems to be pretty balanced and honest about what he thinks, though I did find it interesting that he didn't really "get" Live until using Push. Interesting perspective.

Everytime I see these Push videos I want one more and more, even though I KNOW it's not something that will really help my workflow very much. Stupid gear lust....

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:28 pm

I didn't even think about the Disneyland angle, now I'm definitely not getting one. :o

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:37 am

Yeah, I think Nick's reviews are great. Pretty positive overall on Push, aside from a few niggles.

I can see Push doing a great job for a lot of Live 9 users, but it definitely doesn't fit the way I work. I'm comfortable on keys, work only with audio and don't use any Live native kit.
Image Image

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:29 am

polyslax wrote:
I can see Push doing a great job for a lot of Live 9 users, but it definitely doesn't fit the way I work. I'm comfortable on keys, work only with audio and don't use any Live native kit.
Ditto 100%