Ableton 9.0.2 - HandleStageOne crash... LOTS of them

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
theviewer1985

Ableton 9.0.2 - HandleStageOne crash... LOTS of them

Post by theviewer1985 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:50 pm

So I decided to take the plunge into Ableton 9 since the 9.0.2 - I thought after 2 rounds of bug fixes i might have a stable program to use

Anyway I am using it on my Windows 7, 16 Gig, 6 core PC and it is constantly crashing, giving me the error

"A serious program error occurred.
This application will shut down after this message box is closed.

ADefaultWinSystemExceptionHandler::HandleStageOne"

It is a brand new clean PC and also a brand new clean live set. It happens when clicking/adding any of the audio effects, instruments, packs.. anything. So i can be flicking through the instruments double clicking on them (to add them into the live set) and one in every five times, it will crash.

Interestingly, i installed this onto my 64bit laptop and it seems to be fine.

Just wondering if anybody is having this problem. I seen it a few times on this forum but with no solutions.

theviewer1985

Re: Ableton 9.0.2 - HandleStageOne crash... LOTS of them

Post by theviewer1985 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:58 pm

This happens with or without Max4Live installed.... which i know has caused this error for some people

I have also tried re-installing Live. Still no joy :(

Also, it seems to be more frequent (everytime) operator is ran. I dont think its exclusive to that, but it seems to happen 100% of the time when i try run operator. Maybe its when i try run a instrument rack preset that happens to have an instance of operator within it, it crashes. But of course i don't know because it doesnt get far enough for me to see whats within it

theviewer1985

Post by theviewer1985 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:54 pm

For those reading this with the same issue, I think i fixed it.

Basically it just required a fresh download. One of the installation files was corrupt upon transferring it from my laptop to my PC

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:55 pm

^^Hi TV1985. Can you try & Freeze/Flatten some tracks & see if you have any issues.

Handle Stage One Crash happens nearly every time I attempt this. ( Flatten is the issue ) Other than that, I seem to have a pretty stable experience....mostly :wink:

prprprpr

Post by prprprpr » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:31 pm

fresh download of what?

mercury007

Post by mercury007 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:54 am

I'm having a similar problem except worse. I have two sets that I cannot reopen at all now or I get this error! I changed the VST folder so that when I opened a set in Live it was only relying on internal plugins which should be more stable but I still get the error when I load these two particular sets. The other sets all open normally. I also have not experienced the error when working on a set or saving a set.

The worst part of this is that I don't know how to avoid it. Any work I do may not be able to be opened ever again! This was with 9.0.1 and I updated to 9.0.2 without any solution. I sent an email to tech support as well.

I am running Win 7 64-bit in bootcamp with a Presonus FP10 on an iMac 2011 with i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4GHz and 16GB RAM.

I'm not sure what to do now that I've experienced these errors but I have a lot of work done in 9.xx and now I am going to spend the next week trying to reconstruct all of these tracks in Ableton Live 8 so I don't lose anything else. Everyone be careful, especially if you are using this for professional work! And saving multiple times doesn't completely save you as you don't know at which point the version will be completely useless.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Fri May 03, 2013 10:18 am

mercury007 wrote:I'm having a similar problem except worse. I have two sets that I cannot reopen at all now or I get this error! I changed the VST folder so that when I opened a set in Live it was only relying on internal plugins which should be more stable but I still get the error when I load these two particular sets. The other sets all open normally. I also have not experienced the error when working on a set or saving a set.

The worst part of this is that I don't know how to avoid it. Any work I do may not be able to be opened ever again! This was with 9.0.1 and I updated to 9.0.2 without any solution. I sent an email to tech support as well.

I am running Win 7 64-bit in bootcamp with a Presonus FP10 on an iMac 2011 with i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4GHz and 16GB RAM.

I'm not sure what to do now that I've experienced these errors but I have a lot of work done in 9.xx and now I am going to spend the next week trying to reconstruct all of these tracks in Ableton Live 8 so I don't lose anything else. Everyone be careful, especially if you are using this for professional work! And saving multiple times doesn't completely save you as you don't know at which point the version will be completely useless.
Yep, I have had this happen to me over last couple of days.

I am saving like a madman just in case.

I have been able to dig into my previous versions & rebuild them so they open again.

Still, fucking far from ideal.

Ableton 9 destroyed my life. :x

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Fri May 03, 2013 10:53 am

I'm gonna say it again One more time [And I feel like it's not the last time]

This handleStageOne crash is there since pre release beta... No comment HUGE disappointment.
My next gig will be set in live 8

As well as saying: " I cant wait for bitwig" :lol:

I only hope it will not take 3 years to ableton team for resolving such a lame 9.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Fri May 03, 2013 11:33 am

maybe related to buffer size?

parable66

Post by parable66 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:54 am

I am having the same issues.
I am using 64 bit Ableton 9.0.4 on a 64 bit win7 OS, with an RME babyface.
Its funny, that it was working for a while like this.
I think it may have something to do with the Audio interface set up as my default audio device for win? (I disabled it and attempted again with same results)
I used the RME for a little while on a different computer then brought it back to the laptop, and wamo! Crashes every time i try to set up audio interface.

parable66

Post by parable66 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:57 am

Although, Everything Still works perfectly on Ableton 8
:lol:

ra78

Post by ra78 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi, there, guys&gals.
In my specific case I see (with 95% probability) that SampleTank is responsible
for my HandlerHandle bla-bla message (Free one).

Another points that came to my mind that may relate to are
though aint strong in OS stuff at all):
1/ in this set I'm using 3 instances of SampleTank
2/ I'm running Win7 64 but 32bit Live and 32bit SampleTank
2.1/ Mads from Ableton said 9.0.4b is released but for heck sake how I should get it?
My Autoupdate is On,see no option to update it manually, running 9.0.4 still.

Spent last 14 days in heavy messagin' with techsupp in Berlin,
doing fresh Win7 re-install and such.

No luck so far.

r.a.

maky355

Post by maky355 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:13 pm

It is not up to audio interface or buffer sizes (tested on two different computers and two different audio interfaces with dedicated ASIO driver and with ASIO4All :oops: This is soooo lame.

Things (read various projects) which worked for me in Live 8, and even in 9.0.2 now does not work at all at 9.0.4. I get that handleStage stupid error. What is worst sometimes, just sometimes i do not get that error. For example if i open Live 9 and try to load project from live File-Open and then select project, every time it is crashing. But if i double click from windows explorer on project icon, live 9 open and sometimes it load project correctly. Now if this isn't stupid i do not know what is.

I just can't afford pain and do not want to think about supposedly enhanced version (with every other new and supposedly improved release),while in reality i am in fear that:

- i won't be able to load up my project again no matter how much different version i saved,
- i will be forced to downgrade
- i will be forced to reconstruct all and everything all over again in Live 8 so i can actually work with my music...

I am seriously disappointed and sad..

EDIT: and by all means i honestly do not believe that this is caused by a 3rd party synth or whatever. Why? Because same project is working FLAWLESS in live8, and i really did not had that error ever, never in live 8. And it's not that i am using different VSTi or something. It is something with Live 9 itself. As someone from beta stage reported, this is there all the way from beta start..

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Mon May 27, 2013 6:49 am

ra78 wrote:Hi, there, guys&gals.
In my specific case I see (with 95% probability) that SampleTank is responsible
for my HandlerHandle bla-bla message (Free one).

Another points that came to my mind that may relate to are
though aint strong in OS stuff at all):
1/ in this set I'm using 3 instances of SampleTank
2/ I'm running Win7 64 but 32bit Live and 32bit SampleTank
2.1/ Mads from Ableton said 9.0.4b is released but for heck sake how I should get it?
My Autoupdate is On,see no option to update it manually, running 9.0.4 still.

Spent last 14 days in heavy messagin' with techsupp in Berlin,
doing fresh Win7 re-install and such.

No luck so far.

r.a.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=193975

ra78

Post by ra78 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:33 am

to Sibanger:
thanks a LOt.

Do hope that it will help, SampleTank got beautiful instruments from Miroslav Philarmonik in the free version.
It'd be hard to find a free alternative.