All times are UTC

Post subject: distribute long sample to keys in sampler?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:54 am 

Can I take a really long sample and have it mapped across the sampler keyboard split by equal lengths, or by peaks or something like that?

Post subject: Re: distribute long sample to keys in sampler?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:45 pm 

n2design wrote:
Can I take a really long sample and have it mapped across the sampler keyboard split by equal lengths, or by peaks or something like that?

Sort off... the preferred way to do this is to use slicing; "Slice to new MIDI track".

You can tell Live to chop up your sample either by checking for any warp markers (which you either placed yourself or let Live pick through the process of warping), transients or bars and finally you can also chop it up based on notes (1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and so on...).

That doesn't result in the whole thing getting setup in the Sampler's zone editor, but the results are decently alike in that you can now play the whole thing using your keyboard.

If you want more then I'd advice you to crop the individual pads (by default slicing basically lets a Simpler device play a small portion of the original sample). Cropping will make sure that a new sample file is created which contains only that particular section.

Do this for all your slices and then use the "Manage files" option (under the File menu) to manage your liveset (or project). You should be able to find all the newly created samples. Now its easy; pull them all into a Sampler device, then select the option "Distribute ranges equally" or perhaps "Distribute around root key".

Now you'll have your sample split and spread out into different zone sections in Sampler.

'Tis a bit of work, but I think it's a lot easier than having to do it all by hand.

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max (for Live) and Reason 6.5.
Blog: SynthFan.info.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:16 pm 

Sounds good, many thanks for the tips!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:35 am 

Is there a way to crop and create individual files automatically ?
Or is there a shortcut to crop ?

~AnSolas