All times are UTC

Post subject: djing in live.,
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:03 pm 

Ive selected my audio device (Scarlett 8i6) and set up my audio output configuration outputs so that in my mixer the cue out dialog shows 3/4 and the master output to 1/2. Assigned the fader to A and B channels, Selected the cue button to show "cue" and i have no cueing. fader works fine, but even when the headphone tab is selected under my A or B channel, Everything comes through the phones and Master. and the cue volume doesn't do anything. when the cue button is selected under each channel, the volume strip turns blue so it obviously knows it should be cueing.

Any help with this at all would be greatly received..

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: djing in live.,
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:24 pm 

Maybe IDK I dont have your soundcard

But can you set your headphones to be 3/4?

For me.......

I use an Allen and Heath Xone 92 DJ Mixer and an Audio 10 DJ.

I send output 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 to mixers input 1-4 and send my cue out the Audio DJ 10 output 9/10 to input 5 on the Allen and Heath

So now with the cue set out to 9/10 in Ableton, I have the Mixer cue on input 5 and that input 5 gets my cue info and metronome to my headphones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:40 am 

Ive set the cue in Ableton to 3/4 and set every parameters to allow me to booth but it doesnt want to know. like i said, Ableton knows that im cueing as the volume strip turns blue on the channel thats meant to cue. I just seem to have the master coming through the phones and the monitors without cueing.!!

hmph :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 am 

First thing if the meters blue rather than green then Live doesn't have the output active in the soundcards preferences (ctrl+,). If you have it acivated then deactivate then reactivate i.e make the box yellow on the 3/4 channel.

Only problem i've had with this scenario before.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:38 pm 

Well this is my first forum post... but I am having the exact same problems that you are. I have the same audio interface and everything (because I was told by a Guitar Center employee that it was perfect for djing...). I realize you posted this back in April so if you have figured out how to solve this problem, I'd really appreciate if you could post it here. If not, I'll continue to search for a solution myself and post it here if one arrives. I have a feeling there is some obscure parameter in the Scarlett MixControl software that has to be fooled with...