SLPlus (remote script for Novation SL)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
makaruk

Re: SLPlus (remote script for Novation SL)

Post by makaruk » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:25 am

hi guys - does the script eventually work with live 9.5 ?

I am about to buy novation sl mkII as an ableton controller especially because of roman's great script so this information would be really handy.

kind regards
Macbook Pro late 2010, OSX 10.10.5, RME Fireface 400, Ableton live 9.7, Komplete 10, Maschine 2.4.7

mauronedj

Post by mauronedj » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:17 am

Has anyone messaged him to know more about the development?

makaruk

Post by makaruk » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:43 am

well he posted in aug 08 2013 " Development and support of SLUltimateControl script now discontinued" so that probably means he does not have time for the project anymore. It was his voluntary work for the community.
Macbook Pro late 2010, OSX 10.10.5, RME Fireface 400, Ableton live 9.7, Komplete 10, Maschine 2.4.7

D.T.M.F.

Post by D.T.M.F. » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:54 am

Any update on this remote script? I've been trying to learn Python myself just for this very purpose, but it seems that you're way more advanced than me, and I'd sure love to have this functionality for my SL MKII. The concept screens you've shown are fantastic, so I'm just wondering if you're still working on this and if it's close to completion. Thanks!

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:25 pm

Anyone else have a really faint, low-contrast display now?

I installed the Ultimate Control Browser onto my sl mkii (followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC1rqmmT7fQ ) and it works except for the display screen is extremely faint and you can only read it at certain weird angles.
When the keyboard first loads, everything reads well at the normal contrast, then after a few seconds it goes faint and hard to read.

su

Post by su » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:38 pm

I'm guessing the faint screen issue is a general hardware issue with the SL MKII's. It's a shame. I had to have an LED screen replaced. The replacement began to fade recently so I bought an AC adapter. That fixed it for now.

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:52 pm

I dont think so. I didn't have this problem until directly after setting up Ultimate Control on this keyboard.
Not sure if it's the syx dump or what changed this, but it was directly affected by something I did during this process.

It also works completely fine and reads well in it's startup, until *something* loads, and then it goes dim and weird.

UPDATE: Also my keyboard kept resetting to automap mode randomly. Not sure if anyone else has had that issue..
But if I set my Control Surface as "RemoteSL" in the prefs (then turn the keyboard on/off), it jumps back and forth to automap a couple times but then settles down in and works as a basic un-mapped MIDI keyboard.
This is not the case for the Ultimate Control script, which seems to cause this jumping to automap in the middle of using it. I used the editor app to reset the keyboard to its factory settings and this seems to have fixed the dim screen issue.
Now I am back to the barebones functionality of the keyboard, but at least it works. Let me know if anyone else experienced any issues like this. I used to use this script on a smaller version of the SL Mkii keyboard and it worked great, but that was on an older version of Live and an older Mac OSX.

mauronedj

Post by mauronedj » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:10 am

Hey guys,
Any of you can update this script for Live 9.6?
I don't really know what to do, the SL is really poorly implemented without this project!
Cheers,
Mauro.

808s

Post by 808s » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:42 pm

Blue hand locked to the last insert plugin
control surface -> none is not the solution

this script is life for remote sl
please update :cry:

Dimi Frank

Post by Dimi Frank » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:43 pm

808s wrote:Blue hand locked to the last insert plugin
control surface -> none is not the solution

this script is life for remote sl
please update :cry:
Maybe something happen to this guy and forget this project or maybe the project stop

Oneiroi

Post by Oneiroi » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:39 am

Reviving this old topic to see if anyone could add control over the last 6 sends (from G to L)? This script is amazing and still works perfectly with the newest version of Live and my old Remote 61SL. Only thing is I'm using a lot of sends for quick access to different effects when I'm improvising or jamming with friends and this would help me out so much!

Mecanique22

Post by Mecanique22 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi, anybody knows a way to disable the "select on launch" with the "Smart View" in this script?

kiqyou

Post by kiqyou » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:01 am

Would also LOVE to see something happen with SL PLus.

phabe

Post by phabe » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:35 am

Hi,

for me the newest version of this script is working everything regarding to the pots and pads on the left side. got the same problem with only being unable to control any device beside the last one added.

I think i will direct some attention of this project to novation directly as the SL MKII is really poorly implemented.

cheers, phabe

Oneiroi

Post by Oneiroi » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:59 pm

Mecanique22 wrote:Hi, anybody knows a way to disable the "select on launch" with the "Smart View" in this script?
You might want to try changing SMART_VIEW = ON to OFF in the config file.

Does anyone else have to change template on the SL and go back to the Ableton one in order to get screen feedback? When I open Ableton or even change set, I need to change the template and then go back to template 40 to synchronize the screen displays, otherwise it gets stuck to whatever was displaying before that. I'm using the Remote SL (MK1).