SLPlus (remote script for Novation SL)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Alberto877

Re: SL Ultimate Control (new custom script for Novation SL MkII)

Post by Alberto877 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:59 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!
this is fantastic!!

I searched the same thing hahah

ChiefNugget wrote:hah, just released today? happy to see this as top hit when i searched for "ableton live 9 novation sl mkii script". thanks for sharing.

amazingretropolis

Re: SL Ultimate Control (new custom script for Novation SL)

Post by amazingretropolis » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:49 pm

is it possible to arm the slots? with the pads? or to i have write it in the script
@Roman,

BTW: THANK YOU SOOOOO MUUCCCH! you really made it great, i fuckin love my 49sl now :mrgreen: THIS ULTIMATE CONTROL SCRIPT IS GREAT
? Þ?????? ? ??????? / ? ????†? ?

Roman Sharov

Post by Roman Sharov » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:43 pm

Mister_Nem wrote:Roman! This is absolutely amazing dude!!!! It's like the SL MK II on steroids!!

You've smashed it! All the things that should have been in the original Ableton template (like Solo's) are now finally there along with a whole bunch of other stuff that I've always wished could be integrated but that I never thought we would see! The actual way that you've integrated it is amazing too. Everything is laid out in a very intuitive way, and even small details like the LCD feedback you've included is so much better than the default script from Novation (e.g. Group Tracks have a "-->" next to them when unfolded and a "*" when folded").

You sir, are a genius and extremely kind for taking the time to build this amazing script, share this with us all and tweak it based on feedback! Thank you so much, I owe you a few beers if you're ever down this way! :mrgreen:
boderekstits wrote:what he said. i was literally getting ready to sell the 25SL and get an apc40 - now i'm keepin it. totally inspiring to work in ableton now with this thing. Roman where do you live dude? seriously wanna buy you drinks all night. you should set up a donations page.
Thank you very much. I live in Moscow.
Maybe... if I ever visit U.S. :)
phyxia wrote:First of all thank you so much for making this. I'm not sure if it's the case for everyone else, but on my SLmkii 49 the encoders rotate live's parameters painfully slow when not in automap mode (both with the factory script and this one even after a factory reset). Does anyone else have similar problems or know of a fix?
-P.S. would I be able to get the source .py files? joshuatsimon1@gmail.com
Yes, this is a known issue of this controller. Only the Automap Software allow you to change sensitivity. I tried different combinations of Live API map modes in the script and various CC types for encoders in the template, but this (relative_smooth_signed_bit) is the only mode that works properly and provide a proper LED feedback.
I'll send you the source files, but this code without any helpful comments and it contains a lot of garbage. Also many classes and variables have incorrect names, etc.
moutainuser64 wrote:Hi,I'm running ZeroSLMKII having problem with bank function
Really sorry, i have no idea how to make this script work on Zero SLmkII. The main problem is the lack of "row select" buttons that are used to perform important functions. The Preview button works a bit mysteriously. looks like it works on the hardware level only and doesn't send any messages, I could be wrong, because i didn't work with this device.

This is a great tutorial about creating the scripts for SL from deeflash Breaking Down The Script: Remote SL MK II
Also check this very useful tutorials from Hanz Petrov (i started with this tutorial) http://remotescripts.blogspot.ru/2010/0 ... asses.html
amazingretropolis wrote:is it possible to arm the slots? with the pads? or to i have write it in the script
(If i understood you correctly) You can arm a track with right side buttons (see Arm/Stop Mode in the description)

Thank you for all your replies.

amazingretropolis

Post by amazingretropolis » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:43 pm

@Roman thx for Quick reply

i mean ''Record Arm''
http://www.intuitivebeats.com/news/wp-c ... 80x309.jpg
? Þ?????? ? ??????? / ? ????†? ?

l0ader

Post by l0ader » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:55 pm

It's just the best SL MK2 template I've seen. Thank you! ???????, ?????! :wink:

And it's simply amazing in combination with Maschine controller. The only thing I'm missing is an ability to control the browser. But I hope it could be done soon with Push emulation.

boderekstits

Post by boderekstits » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:18 pm

l0ader wrote:It's just the best SL MK2 template I've seen. Thank you! ???????, ?????! :wink:

And it's simply amazing in combination with Maschine controller. The only thing I'm missing is an ability to control the browser. But I hope it could be done soon with Push emulation.
Would love to hear more details about how you use these two together...I'm getting a Maschine next month. Thanks!

l0ader

Post by l0ader » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:30 pm

@boderekstits,

There is nothing special. Maschine controller comes with a great template for Live 8/9. Here is a guide to get quick overview how it works - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnP1RM788Z4

SL MK2 is a nice companion because it has faders and keys and it can be used as a separate control surface. So you get more control over Live!

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:04 pm

script doesn't seem to be loading with the new live 9.05

anyone else finding this?

scariaga

Post by scariaga » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:03 am

So I just bought the SL MK2 today and I just loaded this preset in and all I can say is

YOU are the man!!! This preset is 10 billion times better than the factory preset. I can't imagine the amount of work you put into this and am eternally gratful. Thank you so much Roman!

:D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

creepjoint

Post by creepjoint » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:00 am

dave dominey wrote:script doesn't seem to be loading with the new live 9.05

Not working for me either.
On the SL LCD is states Ableton is offline.
Switch the script back to the bundled Remote SL scripts and it works fine.
Such a shame, just got my SL MKII yesterday.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:31 am

creepjoint wrote:
dave dominey wrote:script doesn't seem to be loading with the new live 9.05

Not working for me either.
On the SL LCD is states Ableton is offline.
Switch the script back to the bundled Remote SL scripts and it works fine.
Such a shame, just got my SL MKII yesterday.
Not working on Live 9.0.5 -SL37 Mk 1 . Looking forward to next update. Was about to move to different keyboard/controller. Might hang on a bit ;)

markschomaker

SL Ultimate with Ableton Suite 9.0.5.......

Post by markschomaker » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:46 pm

Not working at all. Using a 61 key SLmkII. Anyone having a similar issue?.......

phyxia

Post by phyxia » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:31 am

If yours isnt working try turning smart view off in the included config.py file.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:31 pm

thanks for the MkI support Roman..

Roman Sharov

Post by Roman Sharov » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Sorry for a late response. If script doesn't work, send me your log.txt file (Live creates or updates it at startup). It can be found in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live x.x.x\Preferences (or /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live x.x.x/ on a Mac)