SLPlus (remote script for Novation SL)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mecanique22

Re: SLPlus (remote script for Novation SL)

Post by Mecanique22 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:10 am

Does anybody have found/made a script to do something like that with the novation zero??

It's been 3 weeks that i'm trying...

varikusbrainz

Post by varikusbrainz » Sat May 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Cant wait for this new version :)

boderekstits

Post by boderekstits » Sun May 11, 2014 10:52 pm

I know, I can't wait either. I literally check this thread daily :lol:

amazingretropolis

Post by amazingretropolis » Mon May 26, 2014 3:27 pm

:?: :?: :?: When is it Coming :o
? Þ?????? ? ??????? / ? ????†? ?

boderekstits

Post by boderekstits » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:22 am

might just have to suck it up and buy a Push...

mauronedj

Post by mauronedj » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:51 am

Hi,
News?
Cheers,
Mauro.

varikusbrainz

Post by varikusbrainz » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Is it just me or is this broken with current version of Live 9.14 on Windows?

My NovationSL indicates on the LCD screen "Ableton is Offline"

<<<<<<IGNORE>>>>>>

I hadnt updated to the current version of this script

amazingretropolis

Post by amazingretropolis » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:25 pm

:( no SLPLUS???
? Þ?????? ? ??????? / ? ????†? ?

nevskysun

Post by nevskysun » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:39 pm

Thanks for a great stuff!

Is there any way to disable clip launcher?
I want to use lower-left buttons for midi-mapping.
I tried to reassign midi CC and it's not triggering clips now but still blinking :)

varikusbrainz

Post by varikusbrainz » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:01 pm

Decided to have a quick Google and found this page

http://studio.julbee.familyds.net/2014/ ... 25-sl-mk2/

Theres a link to github with the latest version of SL Ultimate with the Browser mod.

I havent tried it yet

EDIT

And by recursive searching I was brought back to this thread, where this was originally posted.
Sorry, I must have missed the posts!!!

bernyhome

Post by bernyhome » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:10 am

Hi,
SL Ultimate Control Browser 1.1.4 : fix compatibility issues with Ableton Live 9.1.6.
Cheers,

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:50 am

bernyhome wrote:Hi,
SL Ultimate Control Browser 1.1.4 : fix compatibility issues with Ableton Live 9.1.6.
Cheers,
berny, I found your github page that these files appear to have came from. Looks like it was the "SL_Ultimate_Control_Browser" scripts that were updated for 9.1.6 (the others don't mention an update).
I installed all of them in Live and selected this 9.1.6 updated version in my control surface options, but I still had no luck with the functionality.

The sl mkii does see the script and loads the title on its screen, but does not replicate a lot of the functionality of the diagrams in the original post. For example, the left buttons do not appear to change "modes" (such as "mixer"), the buttons instead select (up/down) the row of clips in Live. I am able to select different tracks via the buttons for "track selection", but "record arm" does not change which track is armed.
I should mention I just purchased the SL MKii and have never used this script before to compare the functionality to previous Live versions.

kudos to everyone working on this, it looks like it would be awesome to use. :-)

UPDATE: just found your youtube tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IyNwM ... 6zo0jKdc6g)on setting up the script. I did the process of downloading their SL editing software and "dumping" the template, but I don't think this changed anything. After dumping it I was able to see the script name appear on the SL MKii, but I was able to get that working just by changing the control surface prefs in ableton, so I'm not sure what that step does or if it is necessary. Either way, I have still not been able to get this to work. :-/
I need to try and test this on an old copy of ableton to make sure that it is the 9.1.6 that is the problem, and not some error on my part.
Last edited by elgrayso on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:56 am

just to clarify, is your github project an edited version of Romans SLPlus?

Roman starts the thread by saying the SL Ultimate Control is outdated and SLPlus is the new replacement. But the thread ends with your post saying that the newest version (9.1.6 compatible) is the SL Ultimate Control again.

EDIT: Just realized the "SLPlus" has not been released by Roman yet. I wonder what the differences between SLPlus and SL Ultimate Control are. It sounds like we have the Ultimate script but the diagram manual provided is for the Plus... which isn't released yet? I'm a little confused because the thread is about the SLPlus, but all the content of the thread is about Ultimate, which there doesn't seem to be an older thread on...
Last edited by elgrayso on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:03 am

berny, I just noticed that your scripts for 1.1.4, either downloaded from direct link or the github page, read as version "1.0.8" on the SL MKii screen.
maybe this is still an old version and the reason I'm not getting all the functionality in Live 9.1.6?

bernyhome

Post by bernyhome » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:53 am

First, if the version displayed on LCD screen at startup is "1.0.8", you have the latest script version.
This displayed version tree is linked to legacy SL Ultimate Control script versions made and maintained by Roman Sharov.
My script SL Ultimate Control Browser is derived from this script and add additional features like Ableton browser access from the SL MK2. This script has its own downloadable (not displayed) version tree : 1.1.4 for the latest.

Roman Sharov had stopped the development of the SL Ultimate Control Script and he has decided to develop a new featured script called SL Plus. This script is not available (yet) and the 1st post describe what will be its features.

This pdf document describe the default SL Ultimate Control behavior since it is not available any more on first post.

this post describe additional features introduced in the SL Ultimate Control Browser version.

Concerning Ableton MIDI configuration (track, sync, remote), both Ultimate Control Browser & Extra Device Browser shall be activated using SL MK2 PORT2 as input AND output.SL MK2 PORT2 input and output shall be configured to receive/send TRACK and REMOTE messages. NOT SYNC.

It's the same for legacy Ultimate Control and Extra Device.

Hope it helps.

Please contact Roman for additional information on the SL Ultimate Control script. By the way, ask him for SL Plus news ;-)