All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Only trigger selected clips on scene launch?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:57 am 

Curious how you would select a clip from a controller?

But since you are selecting clips anyway, what would be the difference between what you are asking for - Fire only selected clips on scene launch- vs Just selecting any clips you want, from various scenes and hitting enter to launch the selected clips.

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:07 am 

ShelLuser wrote:
dboy wrote:
Having the option to not launch a specific clip would be give me exactly what I asked for. And no, disabling the clip is not the option at all. You can't launch it without enabling it which defeats the purpose.

8O

That's totally bogus because all clips are enabled by default.

Edit:

Second; your current "objection" goes right against the initial question because if you can't launch them without enabling it; why did you enable the clips you didn't want to launch in the first place?

I don't think you understand what I'm asking for. I'd like to launch a scene containing say six clips. Two of those I want to manually trigger at a specific or even random time. I can't disable those clips because then I'd have to enable them before launching them. It's pretty simple really, take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=190534 maybe it makes it clearer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:14 am 

mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:

But since you are selecting clips anyway, what would be the difference between what you are asking for - Fire only selected clips on scene launch- vs Just selecting any clips you want, from various scenes and hitting enter to launch the selected clips.

Mike

I want each scene to be one "song" in a live application. Each one has it's own meter and tempo settings and can be setup to stop or continue on to the next scene (song) easily. Changing the setlist around is simple as well since each song is is limited to one scene and not multiple ones. You would have simplicity and added flexibility with this method.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:18 am 

dboy wrote:
mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:

Mike

I want each scene to be one "song" in a live application. Each one has it's own meter and tempo settings and can be setup to stop or continue on to the next scene (song) easily. Changing the setlist around is simple as well since each song is is limited to one scene and not multiple ones. You would have simplicity and added flexibility with this method.

OK, so you definitely want something more than your original topic states. You should check out clyphx, you can prob do what you are trying to do w that. However, once you get into something like clyph x or max, there's no turning back :twisted: you have been warned...
I don't know exactly what you are trying to do, so I'm afraid I cant be more specific.
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:33 am 

Thanks Mike. I checked out Clyphx and it would fit the bill but unfortunately it's slight latency makes it a non starter :( Close though and a very cool script! I guess it's time to dive in to M4L.. I have been duly warned ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:42 am 

Also, please check out this thread (ignore some of the inevitable vitriol):
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=190534
It pretty much lays out what I'm asking for. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:53 am 

dboy wrote:
Thanks Mike. I checked out Clyphx and it would fit the bill but unfortunately it's slight latency makes it a non starter :( Close though and a very cool script! I guess it's time to dive in to M4L.. I have been duly warned ;-)

You will get that same latency w MFL...Its part of the api or whatever...maybe it's different now? dunno..

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:21 am 

Well dang.. I'll give it a try though. If not, Fluqe's Onstage
http://www.fluqe.com/
will do the job for now until this hopefully gets implemented.
Worked well when I was using Logic live. I've been using Mainstage for the last few years and it's been bulletproof but this new project is done entirely in Live9 and I'd love to use it's functionality on stage as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:23 pm 

dboy wrote:
I don't think you understand what I'm asking for. I'd like to launch a scene containing say six clips. Two of those I want to manually trigger at a specific or even random time. I can't disable those clips because then I'd have to enable them before launching them. It's pretty simple really, take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=190534 maybe it makes it clearer.

I've had this same request for years.. Sure, creating another scene would work but it would be much cleaner to just "Ignore Scene Launch" for certain clips..

It's possible in Resolume, and it's a great feature IMO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:13 pm 

I'd laugh if they added it in an update. That would be pretty wild.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:01 pm 

you could add a few bars of silence at the beginning of the clips, you dont want to be launched... they will be launched of course, but it won't matter...
If you're into counting, you can make them start at a specific amount of bars after you launched the scene...

but actually, i don't see, why you wouldn't just duplicate the scene, and make it two scenes, one with only the clips, you would like to be launched, when launching the scene, and another one with the clips, you don't want to launch. then you can just add them manually, whenever you suddenly feel like the should be launched now anyway...

?

i mean, there's unlimited scenes...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:59 pm 

nemoy wrote:
you could add a few bars of silence at the beginning of the clips, you dont want to be launched... they will be launched of course, but it won't matter...
If you're into counting, you can make them start at a specific amount of bars after you launched the scene...

but actually, i don't see, why you wouldn't just duplicate the scene, and make it two scenes, one with only the clips, you would like to be launched, when launching the scene, and another one with the clips, you don't want to launch. then you can just add them manually, whenever you suddenly feel like the should be launched now anyway...

?

i mean, there's unlimited scenes...

Still not the point. Adding bars/defining start times defeats the purpose since I want to be able to fire them off at will. The whole point is to streamline the set without having multiple scenes per song. Simple and elegant with added flexibility. Besides, if this functionality isn't your cup of tea then just ignore the button, you'd never know it was there and L9 will not change one iota. Seems like a simple addition that would enhance the program without taking away or changing any of it's functionality.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:15 pm 

Keep it going, guys. It really boggles me why anyone can't see the advantages of this very simple fix, both for musical composition, organizing clips, and for saving grid real estate.

I mean, it is SO fricken simple to do this, and so powerful - I think it is indefensible that Ableton hasn't implemented it, and especially just weird. I just don't understand why Ableton forces us into an awkward mode that is so absolutely unnecessary....

Scales and chords: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=202364

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:16 pm 

Buleriachk wrote:
Keep it going, guys. It really boggles me why anyone can't see the advantages of this very simple fix, both for musical composition, organizing clips, and for saving grid real estate.

I mean, it is SO fricken simple to do this, and so powerful - I think it is indefensible that Ableton hasn't implemented it, and especially just weird. I just don't understand why Ableton forces us into an awkward mode that is so absolutely unnecessary....

+100

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:35 am 

i'm just asking myself how clip real estate is so relevant, when you can just add unlimited clips and scenes.. that's all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next