All times are UTC

Post subject: Problems with live 8's export audio process => no file...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:39 pm 

Hi

Been using live for years now, since live 5, and it seems a new problem happens to me...

I'm quite unable to export my mixes...

Everytime I use the export audio function, it renders... nothing. No file can be found on the HD.
Same if I got a processor dropout or not...

I just changed my HD and repaired the permissions, everything's fine in here (macbook pro 2,8ghz, 8gb ram, ableton live 8.2.8 because I didn't want to update to 8.3 and its useless additionnal features...)

this happens to me since some months now, and i't a shite problem because I've got now 4 tracks to bounce to stems for OTB mixing and mastering...

I tried just recording the master in another audio track, but I find the sound less clean...

anyone??

there was a topic about this same problem in the User's Help Exchange section, but it's now closed...

PLEAASE!!! :cry:

thanks in advance :D

Post subject: Re: Problems with live 8's export audio process => no file...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:06 am 

Upgrade.

Live 8.2.8 is ancient; and surprisingly also the number one find on torrent and other "alternative software sources", current version is 8.4 though.

What you also seem to ignore here is that 8.3.x didn't merely provide "new features"; it also included a lot of bugfixes.

There simply is no excuse for not upgrading. Especially if you're having issues.

So; get 8.4, try again, and if that fails we can discuss further. Especially since there have been some changes on this front as well.

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max (for Live) and Reason 6.5.
Blog: SynthFan.info.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:24 am 

are you implying I could be using cracked software?? Me? ah ah. :wink:

anyway

I'll check the 8.4 bugfixes and improvements list again, but I don't remember anything about this precise problem... But you're right, that may be possible, so I'll do this update, saving everything elsewhere to be able to get back to 8.2.8 if that's not okay...

anyone to confirm that version 8.4 has NO export audio problem anymore?

cheers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm 

supamonsta wrote:
are you implying I could be using cracked software?? Me? ah ah. :wink:

Its a possibility I keep in mind, yes. Especially since the upgrade to 8.3 also provided quite some improvements in responsiveness and such.

Here's not saying that you are but since I don't know you there's no way for me to tell if its so or not.

For the record; I've had no issues with exporting audio on 8.4. Win7 32bit. However; do make sure you have everything setup as required, so you may want to be sure that you installed Quicktime, Live tends to use that too.

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max (for Live) and Reason 6.5.
Blog: SynthFan.info.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:09 pm 

I just rendered about 20 old songs, (using 8.3something rather than 9 just because it felt familiar) and had no issues at all. OS X 10.7.5.

So I can confirm that for me, my older Live 8 version has got no exporting problems.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:00 pm 

Quote:
Its a possibility I keep in mind, yes. Especially since the upgrade to 8.3 also provided quite some improvements in responsiveness and such.

I know, I'm also sometimes the guy who answers "get your software up to date, then we'll talk" in the forums... :wink:

I checked (again) the 8.3 and 8.4 changes list and there is nothing about an export problem. I don't see very much what improvements in these 2 updates I could really need, but I'll go the update route, so we are able to talk about my export problem ^^

I had no problems in live 6, and 7.

No problems either with live 8 last summer and december 2012, when I exported I got CPU dropouts but I never paid attention to that, because I always got a fine WAV audio file at the right place (on my desktop).

Now, CPU dropout or not, the export process does nothing, no audio file to be found anywhere (even if it says "export done succesfully"...!!! !!!! )

I didn't change my way of working... and it now doesn't work anymore... :|

anyone with this problem??

cheers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:55 pm 

ok

I didn't update live (still 8.2.8 here)

but I did update my OS, (lion 10.7.5), and there were some major SMC update to be done amongst others... (My macbook had more and more sleep/wake problems)

and now...

everything's OK, the export process does give me an audio file at the end... even with no processor dropout...

go figure...

but we're safe now and can export our shit out of live again :mrgreen: