Can i use this cable between my monitors and audio interface

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
barezi6

Can i use this cable between my monitors and audio interface

Post by barezi6 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:23 am

Hi everyone.
I need to buy a pair of cables to my monitors, they are krk rokit 8 G2, and my audio interface is Focusrite saffire pro 14.
Can i buy this cables to use with my monitors and audio interface? http://www.thomann.de/pt/cordial_cfm_3_ ... _kabel.htm
and the quality of the cables are good?
whats means 0.20mm? i saw some cables with 3.65mm... what is the difference?
Thanks

bicarbone

Re: Can i use this cable between my monitors and audio interface

Post by bicarbone » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:31 am

That will work. I use the same ones, quality is very good for the price and is on par with your gear.. If I understand correctly, 0.20 mm refers to the thickness of the gold layer on the connectors. Where did you see that 3.65 mm figure?
|soundcloud|

MBP 2.2 GHz i7 quad 10.7.5 8GB ram | Live9suite | Reaper | Metric Halo ULN-2 + DSP | PSI A21-M active monitors | Littlepapercones passive speakers | Studer 169 analog mixer

barezi6

Post by barezi6 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:38 am

bicarbone wrote:That will work. I use the same ones, quality is very good for the price and is on par with your gear.. If I understand correctly, 0.20 mm refers to the thickness of the gold layer on the connectors. Where did you see that 3.65 mm figure?
is not 3,65 but 6,35

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006 ... d_i=468294

barezi6

Post by barezi6 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:39 am

bicarbone wrote:That will work. I use the same ones, quality is very good for the price and is on par with your gear.. If I understand correctly, 0.20 mm refers to the thickness of the gold layer on the connectors. Where did you see that 3.65 mm figure?
is not 3,65 but 6,35

The cables will give me the better sound that my monitors and audio interface can offer me?
The cables will not limit the quality of the sound?
Thanks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006 ... d_i=468294

bicarbone

Post by bicarbone » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:08 am

Ok that's what I thought... 6,35 mm refers to the size of the male jack connector.
barezi6 wrote:The cables will give me the better sound that my monitors and audio interface can offer me?
Correct. Stick with Cordial from Thomann, they won't degrade the signal you get from the outputs of your soundcard. And we're talking about spending 12 euros for two cables, really, no big deal!

Cheers
|soundcloud|

MBP 2.2 GHz i7 quad 10.7.5 8GB ram | Live9suite | Reaper | Metric Halo ULN-2 + DSP | PSI A21-M active monitors | Littlepapercones passive speakers | Studer 169 analog mixer

barezi6

Post by barezi6 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:16 am

bicarbone wrote:Ok that's what I thought... 6,35 mm refers to the size of the male jack connector.
barezi6 wrote:The cables will give me the better sound that my monitors and audio interface can offer me?
Correct. Stick with Cordial from Thomann, they won't degrade the signal you get from the outputs of your soundcard. And we're talking about spending 12 euros for two cables, really, no big deal!

Cheers
Yes, is not a lot of money, but i will pay the carrier, and it will be more 20euro.
I dont want to buy the cables and then they are not good or i cant connect them between the monitors and the audio interface.

I think that everything is ok with this cables, and you confirm that.

The jack connector is correct for my audio interface? and the XLR for the monitor?

bicarbone

Post by bicarbone » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:19 am

It will work perfectly. I'm sure you can find similar cables in your local music store if you want to save €. just write down the specs.

You're welcome!
|soundcloud|

chrk

Post by chrk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 am

bicarbone wrote:If I understand correctly, 0.20 mm refers to the thickness of the gold layer on the connectors.
No, it's the wire cross section. Thomann haven't translated 'Kabelquerschnitt' from their German description.

barezi6

Post by barezi6 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 am

chrk wrote:
bicarbone wrote:If I understand correctly, 0.20 mm refers to the thickness of the gold layer on the connectors.
No, it's the wire cross section. Thomann haven't translated 'Kabelquerschnitt' from their German description.
I dont have a store that can sells me cables in my location.

can buy from this store, but dont have cordial, what you think about this cable?

http://www.musifex.pt/quik-lok-cm1866

chrk

Post by chrk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:35 am

barezi6 wrote:can buy from this store, but dont have cordial, what you think about this cable?

http://www.musifex.pt/quik-lok-cm1866
No idea about the quality, but you should definitely get a symmetrical connection: TRS- (Tip-Ring-Sleeve, or 'stereo') Jack to XLR.