Max for Live requests - what would you like to see?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
COSM

Max for Live requests - what would you like to see?

Post by COSM » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:23 am

As my M4L knowledge increases I am on the hunt for more ideas for tools/devices that help achieve things you can't normally do.

I have half a dozen already made or in the working, but I'm taking requests for ideas, no matter how bizarre.

Here's what I've done already

Level to Clip Trigger - triggers a specific clip or clip slot when an audio level reaches a particular point.
MIDI not to clip slot- triggers clip slots depending on what MIDI note is played, so drum rack mode can be used to sequence clips with the Push
Video RGB level to Paramater control - use video to control audio
MIDI notes thru to drum rack slot - Have instruments in Drum Slots play notes that enter the enclosing drum rack.
RPG FM Synth - little roll playing game with achievements to help teach foundations of FM synthesis (massive WIP)

SuburbanThug

Re: Max for Live requests - what would you like to see?

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:50 am

More video stuff. What I want to see I don't know but playing with the Ganz Graf mods has got me wondering what else in the graphics range M4L would be capable of. I'm just starting to dig my heels into Live so I'm sorry I can't be more specific. I don't even know how Max goes about generating the graphics. The Ganz Graf mods are very cool but even more options would be nice. Maybe being able to mix video clips with the graphics would be a cool idea. I've seen demos/performances using the RGB stuff and it looks very cool but I haven't tried anything out yet. Thanks a lot for your contributions!

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:50 pm

I've heard folks clamoring for control of mono sequencer using the pads of Push as well but this might already be in the works.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Push Chess. One the keeps track of where pieces are and lights up to where potential moves and kills are on your turn. Also with evolving sounds based on remaining pieces :D

lo.key

Post by lo.key » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:35 pm

my real desire is for a m4l patch which allows one to consistently jump to a specified location in a clip. It would be simple if the move_playing_position call accepted absolute values, but it only allows relative jumps.

db120

Post by db120 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:44 pm

lo.key wrote:my real desire is for a m4l patch which allows one to consistently jump to a specified location in a clip. It would be simple if the move_playing_position call accepted absolute values, but it only allows relative jumps.
this

panten

Post by panten » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Push - MPC/Maschine style sample recording & chopping from the hardware.

aioffermann

Post by aioffermann » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Push - In a step sequence, hold down step(s) and change it's drum cell (midi note) either via knob like you do with velocity, note duration and nudge, or perhaps selecting the desired pad.

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:07 pm

a DJ browser! I would be willing to donate some funds to this cause.

The other thread i have going for this.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=192463
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

WISH1

Post by WISH1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:00 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:More video stuff. What I want to see I don't know but playing with the Ganz Graf mods has got me wondering what else in the graphics range M4L would be capable of. I'm just starting to dig my heels into Live so I'm sorry I can't be more specific. I don't even know how Max goes about generating the graphics. The Ganz Graf mods are very cool but even more options would be nice. Maybe being able to mix video clips with the graphics would be a cool idea. I've seen demos/performances using the RGB stuff and it looks very cool but I haven't tried anything out yet. Thanks a lot for your contributions!
+1

WISH1

Post by WISH1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Jekblad wrote:a DJ browser! I would be willing to donate some funds to this cause.

The other thread i have going for this.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=192463
+1

WISH1

Post by WISH1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:01 pm

panten wrote:Push - MPC/Maschine style sample recording & chopping from the hardware.
+1

outsidesys

Post by outsidesys » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Could a MFL device allow us to capture and store MIDI SysEx data? If so, I would love to see that.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:06 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Push Chess. One the keeps track of where pieces are and lights up to where potential moves and kills are on your turn. Also with evolving sounds based on remaining pieces :D
Great idea.

Mage2k

Post by Mage2k » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:18 am

lo.key wrote:my real desire is for a m4l patch which allows one to consistently jump to a specified location in a clip. It would be simple if the move_playing_position call accepted absolute values, but it only allows relative jumps.
Hmm... Seems like if you know (or can calculate) the clip length/time, the marker position/time, and the current position/time you could calculate the relative jump needed.