Screw you Komplete 9 upgrade install discs!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jestermgee

Re: Screw you Komplete 9 upgrade install discs!

Post by jestermgee » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:48 am

So does purchasing the HDD drive option

8)

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:32 pm

beats me wrote:..... I would have shelled out a little more money if they just would have put the install on a thumb drive. :x
You could shell out a little more money and Komplete Ultimate which comes on a hard drive.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

rbro

Post by rbro » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:45 am

Airyck wrote:
beats me wrote:..... I would have shelled out a little more money if they just would have put the install on a thumb drive. :x
You could shell out a little more money and Komplete Ultimate which comes on a hard drive.

I just got Komplete 9 Ultimate. The drive is supposed to come with some type of "Y" USB Cable because it draws so much power, but it came with a regular USB cable. When I connect it directly to my Mac I get an error message to disconnect it because it's drawing too much power and all my USB devices have been disabled. When I connect it to my hub, I don't get the error, but in either case it won't mount. Kinda pissed off right now. I called NI tech support and they suggest I get a powered USB hub. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:53 am

YA. I'm having issues with Komplete 9 too!!!

My issue is I ordered it nearly a month ago and it still isn't in stock!

WTF NI? You put something on sale at a MASSIVE discount and don't factor in that it may actually sell??

Oh well. I'll be here waiting.

frankz00

Post by frankz00 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:08 am

I didn't even bother installing from DVD. I started off the bat and copied all the files on every DVD onto the root of two thumbdrives. It works and installs much faster. I have two machines to install onto and now I have a backup. I suggest finding another drive and just doing the copy then installing from the external drive.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:18 am

Theo Void wrote:YA. I'm having issues with Komplete 9 too!!!

WTF NI? You put something on sale at a MASSIVE discount and don't factor in that it may actually sell??

I ordered the K9 to K9U upgrade on Nov. 30th and the shipping time on the site said 5-8 days. I emailed them on Dec. 16th after it still hadn't shipped. They told me it's still going to be another 1-3 weeks. Tough times, but I only bought it because of the great discount and I've managed to compose music without it to this point.

rbro

Post by rbro » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:22 am

beats me wrote:
Theo Void wrote:YA. I'm having issues with Komplete 9 too!!!

I ordered the K9 to K9U upgrade on Nov. 30th and the shipping time on the site said 5-8 days. I emailed them on Dec. 16th after it still hadn't shipped. They told me it's still going to be another 1-3 weeks. Tough times, but I only bought it because of the great discount and I've managed to compose music without it to this point.
I ordered mine on Nov 29 and got it yesterday. Got the drive to mount after rebooting my machine, although I haven't had the time to install yet......

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:53 am

beats me wrote:
Dalmu wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:If it's an upgrade, why do you have to install all the content again? The first disc has the new software (Battery and Monark) and then just check the new content (Giant and Session Strings). Nothing else has changed. Did you get a new computer or something? Or were you upgrading from a much earlier version?

For a full install, Komplete Ulitmate was a blessing since it came on a hard drive. Installing Komplete Standard used to be such a Pain. This time it was just plug-in hit install and walk away for 2 hours.
komplete ultimate comes in a hard drive? like you connect it to your pc/mac and use as needed?

No. You can only use it to install. You can't run the software off it.

In other news...

NI just responded that I can download the disc image. That’s great, but is there going to be some other complicated process after that? Do I just download the file and then right click and burn it to DVD and it will read it like it’s the factory disc? I hope it’s that simple.
I think they started doing that since Komplete 7. You could download all of those ISOs and put them on a storage drive. Get one of those virtual CD drives, load the ISO and the installation will be much quicker.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:48 pm

^ it will be a lot quicker in most cases. especially on a laptop.
CD/DVD Rom drives on laptops have a tendency to be slower as do many of the drives on all-in-one units (iMacs for example). any drive that is USB will be abysmally slower than a standard CD/DVD Rom drive that is connected via IDE or SATA as well. since desktops are becoming much more rare so is the standard option to have a fast optical drive.

virtual drives circumvent all this by pulling files off the internal hard drive... after they're downloaded, of course. installing files that are on the same source and destination drive will always be faster.