All times are UTC

Post subject: dn-x1600 not shown in ASION
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:14 pm 

Hi, I just bought a dn-x1600 mixer and everything is working properly with traktro pro, but ableton (live 9) seems not to detect my mixer when I select Driver Type to ASIO. There is another option selecting the MME/directx, but latency is too high then and it cracks like my alarm clock in the mornings.

How can I set it up properly with ableton? There is no problems with traktor pro.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: dn-x1600 not shown in ASION
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:23 pm 

kazkox wrote:
Hi, I just bought a dn-x1600 mixer and everything is working properly with traktro pro, but ableton (live 9) seems not to detect my mixer when I select Driver Type to ASIO. There is another option selecting the MME/directx, but latency is too high then and it cracks like my alarm clock in the mornings.

How can I set it up properly with ableton? There is no problems with traktor pro.

Thanks.

Seems to be running fine here with the ASIO driver under Live 9.0.2 (32bit version) and Windows 7 64 bit.

Can you please give more infos about your setup:

o) Which Windows and Live version (32 or 64-bit) are you using?

o) What exactly do you mean with 'doesn't detect the mixer':
Is it not possible to choose the Denon DJ ASIO driver or is there another problem?

o) Are you using the X1600 also as main Windows audio interface at the same time?

In the meantime, you might also check the following:

(1) In case you can select the Denon DJ ASIO Driver, check the Input- and Output-Config in Live, if the necessary in/outputs are all enabled.

(2) Do you have the latest firmware (2.00) running on the X1600?
You can simply check the version via the Utility: (2) System -> (3) Version

(3) Maybe in relation to the crackling: What sample rate are you using? Utility: (2) System -> (1) FS.
If you haven't already, you might try using 44.1kHz

You can also check (2) and (3) in the Denon DJ ASIO driver control panel
(you can get there via Live's audio preferences -> hardware setup or via the Windows start-menu).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:46 am 

o) Win 64-bit, live is latest version.

o) I can choose denon as a build in soundcard, but there are no options to choose mixer soundcard as a ASIO driver.

o) Yes.

In the meantime, you might also check the following:

(2) Yes

(3) Checked.

I can select Speaker (2-DN-X1600) DX if I choose MME/Directx driver type, but then it cracks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:51 am 

kazkox wrote:
live is latest version.

Is Live the 32 or 64bit version?

Quote:
I can choose denon as a build in soundcard, but there are no options to choose mixer soundcard as a ASIO driver.

OK. So just to be clear:

In Live you can choose Driver Type: ASIO but
(1) you can't select Audio Device: Denon DJ ASIO driver or
(2) it doesn't even show the Denon ASIO driver in the Audio Device-list

If the driver doesn't appear in the list (2), you might try reinstalling it.

Also which version of the ASIO driver are you using?
Latest should be 2.20, which can also be found on the X1600 product page.

Quote:
I can select Speaker (2-DN-X1600) DX if I choose MME/Directx driver type, but then it cracks.
I generally never use(d) other drivers than ASIO, so I wouldn't recommend using the MME-driver.
It also looks like that the MME-driver limits the X1600 to only one in/output-pair (speakers + microphone)
But I'll have to check this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:58 pm 

Live is 64bit.

I can select the ASIO but (2) it doesn't even show the Denon ASIO driver in the Audio Device-list.

I'm using the latest drivers.

I have tryed with live 8 version and I could choose it. Dunno why I cant on live 9. Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:17 am 

kazkox wrote:
Live is 64bit.

I can select the ASIO but (2) it doesn't even show the Denon ASIO driver in the Audio Device-list.

I'm using the latest drivers.

I have tryed with live 8 version and I could choose it. Dunno why I cant on live 9. Cheers.

I just did a testrun with Live 64bit version and I have the same problem here.

Although it seems that there's a newer driver 2.22 available: http://www.denondjforums.com/forums/vie ... =9&t=11486 (you have to deinstall the old driver first, before installing the new version) ... it doesn't make a difference:

In Live 8 and Live 9 (both 64bit) it doesn't show the Denon ASIO driver in the list.
The same problem seems to appear when using 64bit-version of other DAWs like Reaper.
In addition, the ASIO-drivers for my other external audio interfaces all show up fine in Live 64bit.

So I looks like that the Denon ASIO driver only works with 32bit-programs so far (Live 8/9 32bit, Traktor, ...).
And the 'workaround' for getting the X1600 to work is to use Live 32bit. (you can install Live 32bit besides the 64bit version).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:48 pm 

Alright this seems to be an issue for windows 7 64-bit users. I can not detect my denon x1600 asio drivers using 64-bit version of ableton 9 standart.

Another thing is that I can not see or load VST-i plugins or any other similar third-party plugin using the 64-bit version.

I have reinstalled ableton 9 standart to 32-bit version and now I can see my denon asio drivers and use it for audio drivers. Same with VST plugins I can load and use them with out a problem.

Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:34 pm 

kazkox wrote:
Another thing is that I can not see or load VST-i plugins or any other similar third-party plugin using the 64-bit version.

I have reinstalled ableton 9 standart to 32-bit version and now I can see my denon asio drivers and use it for audio drivers. Same with VST plugins I can load and use them with out a problem.

Yes, that's because by default Live 64-bit can only use 64-bit plugins.

If you also want to use 32-bit plugins (in Live 64-bit ) you need a plugin-bridge.

More infos about this can be found here: https://www.ableton.com/de/articles/64bit-myths-facts/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:27 pm 

Something went wrong once again..........

Everything was fine before I turned ableton off. Now when I run ableton I cant play any audio even if it is selected in ASIO panel. There is no other progarms running in background who can cause this so I'm facing a wall with this mixer once again.

Ableton crashes when I try to change audio device or select any input or output's.