Why I hate this forum.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Dillinger63
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:12 am

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by Dillinger63 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:55 am

Theo Void wrote:Hi there.
Welcome to the internet
Have you visited before?

A fellow Pittsburgher. I was born there, and a die hard Steelers fan. When I retire (again) I plan on moving back there from Illinois. PS, I love them sandwiches from Primanti Brothers.

eyeknow
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by eyeknow » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:57 am

The popularity grows!

But on a serious note, it really does seem like the OP at times. It's like "crap, I've got a problem" and it's crickets.......but if it's something else it blows up! (and no, I don't mean the hard drive) :lol:

eyeknow
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by eyeknow » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:58 am

While I've got your attention, the "lol" sign would look much more realistic if it was shaped like a horse.

d.reamonn
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Image
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by andydes » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Technical problems can be very specific to equipment, plugins, particular workflows, blah, blah, blah*. Not everyone can answer the questions, but they usually get answered eventually. However everyone can jump into a good winge thread like this.

*some of us barely know what we're doing anyway.

prprprpr
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by prprprpr » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Glad that someone agree with me.

[quote="

*some of us barely know what we're doing anyway.[/quote]

exactly, go and figure out why you are born in this world people. you can even try to smoke DMT.

Theo Void
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:00 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by Theo Void » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:56 pm

Dillinger63 wrote:
Theo Void wrote:Hi there.
Welcome to the internet
Have you visited before?

A fellow Pittsburgher. I was born there, and a die hard Steelers fan. When I retire (again) I plan on moving back there from Illinois. PS, I love them sandwiches from Primanti Brothers.
Yessir!! I love the steelers and of course the Pens. Primantis is definitely amazing too!
I stay in the north side and though its gotten a bit ghetto, I still love It here in the Burgh!
For years all I wanted to do was get the f$&@" outta here. So I left and lived in other cities for a while but I always ended up back in Pittsburgh. We have a pretty decent EDM scene here and the heroin has died down quite a bit in the last few years.
Yinz should get down here!! It's a great city.

Dillinger63
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:12 am

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by Dillinger63 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:52 pm

Theo Void wrote:
Dillinger63 wrote:
Theo Void wrote:Hi there.
Welcome to the internet
Have you visited before?

A fellow Pittsburgher. I was born there, and a die hard Steelers fan. When I retire (again) I plan on moving back there from Illinois. PS, I love them sandwiches from Primanti Brothers.
Yessir!! I love the steelers and of course the Pens. Primantis is definitely amazing too!
I stay in the north side and though its gotten a bit ghetto, I still love It here in the Burgh!
For years all I wanted to do was get the f$&@" outta here. So I left and lived in other cities for a while but I always ended up back in Pittsburgh. We have a pretty decent EDM scene here and the heroin has died down quite a bit in the last few years.
Yinz should get down here!! It's a great city.
My wife and I are heading that way over the 4th of July for our 30th anniversary. (I'm probably one of the older Abe users here) I've always been a techno geek when it comes to computer generated music and my first keyboard was a Moog Opus with the first version of Cakewalk that was released.

In the meantime we make our own Primanti sandwiches until we get back to the Burgh.

http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/07/2 ... -sandwich/

Theo Void
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:00 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by Theo Void » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:36 am

Nice!!! Go Pittsburgh!!!

3osc
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:52 am

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by 3osc » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:47 am

prprprpr wrote:Because some idiot complaining about free samples gets more responses and attention than the people who have technical or some other issues, because when someone posts awesome link about creativity it goes down, because of meaningless threads. Because ableton locked amazing users help exchange thread. That just my opinion and what i'm thinking, don't take it personally, i'm just an audio geek sitting at home at friday. Glad that gearslutz forum exists:)
If you replace almost every word in this post with 'dubstep', I might be inclined to agree.

Wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub.......

prprprpr
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by prprprpr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:22 am

3osc wrote:
prprprpr wrote:Because some idiot complaining about free samples gets more responses and attention than the people who have technical or some other issues, because when someone posts awesome link about creativity it goes down, because of meaningless threads. Because ableton locked amazing users help exchange thread. That just my opinion and what i'm thinking, don't take it personally, i'm just an audio geek sitting at home at friday. Glad that gearslutz forum exists:)
If you replace almost every word in this post with 'dubstep', I might be inclined to agree.

Wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub.......
Go smoke DMT

102455
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:41 pm
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by 102455 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:38 am

Dillinger63 wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:RELEASE THE BADGERS!!
and The Kracken!
No.

BRING OUT THE GIMP!

Broomptish
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:48 am

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by Broomptish » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:39 am

prprprpr wrote:
Go smoke DMT[/quote]

Good advice! for all your dmt needs https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/

J0n35y
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by J0n35y » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:49 am

Maschine is better than Push!

darkenedsoul
Posts: 1223
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:21 pm
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Contact:

Re: Why I hate this forum.

Post by darkenedsoul » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:01 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
prprprpr wrote:Because some idiot complaining about free samples gets more responses and attention than the people who have technical or some other issues,
Agreed, as a general point, though I wouldn't call the OP of that thread an idiot.
prprprpr wrote: because when someone posts awesome link about creativity it goes down, because of meaningless threads.
Agreed, though it's just as likely to go up - in a blaze.

prprprpr wrote: Because ableton locked amazing users help exchange thread.
Agreed! Why was that?
prprprpr wrote: i'm just an audio geek sitting at home at friday.
No, you are a very wise person.
prprprpr wrote: Glad that gearslutz forum exists:)
Slutz is ok, but it's a commercial endeavour, and as such they can act like aresholes. For instance if I posted a thread which was basically a link to a thread on here or a tutorial on my site, I could get an infraction for it. Ableton don't do that on here. The forum users do though sometimes obviously. The good thing about Slutz is it's only the mods you have to worry about.
Thanks for your comment Funken. And I do attempt to help others on this forum as I can, be it know what the issue could be or toss out some ideas. And I stopped on that thread because it took a life of its own and still semi-going lol. And yeah, I've asked for some input/help and gotten the crickets over the years. I do attempt to search the forum for answers before posting a help question. Anyways, back to work for me!
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

Post Reply