All times are UTC

Post subject: Mouse: Cursor to a timePOINT within a clip?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:41 pm 

Please forgive, if this is a terribly stupid question:
Is there a simple way to click into a clip (in arrangement view) to set the cursor to that exact time (or the nearest quantisiation)?

Right now, L9 behaves as follows: Whenever I click into a clip, the clip gets selected as a whole.

I thought, a modifier-key could change that behavior to setting the cursor to a specific time-point, but tried to no avail. So, if I want to set the cursor to a time-point, I currently have to point the mouse into an empty track, set the cursor-time and extend the selection via cmd-clicking into the clip. Only then I can e.g. cmd-e to cut the clip. If find this quite annoying. So is there a way to directly select a time point (or a subregion) within a clip?

On a related side note: Are there ways to modify the keys such, that I can move the selected audio-material with the keyboard (cursor-keys)? Currently I can only move the selection but not the material itself. Would be nice to add that feature, eg. through command-cursor-key. Those two things could speed up editing quite a bit.

EDIT: Ofcourse, I am talking about the collapsed clip view; I know that timepoints can be selected within the waveform-view. But that takes a lot of real estate and forces me to scrol up and down all the time.

Last edited by DrTone on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Arrangement: Set the cursor to a timePOINT within a clip?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:21 pm 

Anyone?

Post subject: Re: Mouse: Cursor to a timePOINT within a clip?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:58 pm 

At the right side of you track there is a button to expand the trackview and also the clip. If you do this, you can click into the quantisation in the clip and set the cursor to start.

If you press alt/pc, you can open or close all your tracks in the set.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:19 am 

Thanks, silversurfer. I knew that, but don't really like it, because it (a) forces me to constantly unfold/fold tracks and (b) takes up a lot of vertical space.

Shouldn't it be possible to cmd-click (or alt-click) into a non-expanded clip, to set the cursor right there?

I find that quite basic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:37 pm 

Hey, I tried it out and it is possible. When I hold the alt key, I can set the cursor into any point of my clip, for me (windows) it works without unfolding the track!!!!!