All times are UTC

Post subject: Ableton 9 Mini Review
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:59 am 

I really enjoy staring at the screen for 3 minutes (Ableton Live is not responding) while Ableton decides it's in sync with it's Ableton Live Indexing. Maybe I could even add some of my own folders to the Ableton places tab, to make it take another 30 minutes or so? I have a 7 core 2TB 7800 RPM drive with 16GB memory. Sorry I don't have a SSD, I must not be a serious(ly rich) musician.

Really like what you've done with the Browser. How it used to bring exactly the file/plugin I was looking for right to the top in version 8? I now have to drill down through all the sub folders to get to what I want? Oh, and if it's not there, but in one of the other folders ableton shows me? I have to close them back up again so I can drill down into the other folders and sub folders and sub folders (you get the idea).

So. In short. The two reasons I go to Ableton in the first place. Great startup speed, great browser... gone.

Nice...

Cheers...

Post subject: Re: Ableton 9 Mini Review
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:27 am 

Last edited by locknar on Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:47 am 

tl;dr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:52 am 

This is the first time I have heard the Live 8 browser called great :)

live 9.1.2, OS mavericks, push, stray's script, MPD32/LD8, stc, access virus kc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:07 am 

MoRbIdBoY wrote:
I really enjoy staring at the screen for 3 minutes (Ableton Live is not responding) while Ableton decides it's in sync with it's Ableton Live Indexing. Maybe I could even add some of my own folders to the Ableton places tab, to make it take another 30 minutes or so? I have a 7 core 2TB 7800 RPM drive with 16GB memory. Sorry I don't have a SSD, I must not be a serious(ly rich) musician.

Really like what you've done with the Browser. How it used to bring exactly the file/plugin I was looking for right to the top in version 8? I now have to drill down through all the sub folders to get to what I want? Oh, and if it's not there, but in one of the other folders ableton shows me? I have to close them back up again so I can drill down into the other folders and sub folders and sub folders (you get the idea).

So. In short. The two reasons I go to Ableton in the first place. Great startup speed, great browser... gone.

Nice...

Cheers...

I prefer the Live 9 browser. After indexing, the browser works faster due to indexing. Indexing always takes a while.

Maybe there should be function added, that the indexing should be paused, when using the browser.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:39 pm 

MoRbIdBoY wrote:

Nice...

Cheers...

Have you tried 9.03 b5 to see if it speeds up your indexing?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 pm 

I have none of these problems and my computer has much worse specs than yours! Also, I find the live 9 browser way groovier because "I like to be able to go into live packs and pick the instruments instead of having to pick the instrument and then memorize which preset comes from which live pack" <- that wasn't sarcasm.

My mid-2012 macbook starts up live 9 with no loading issues, and your PC sounds like the specs are like twice as good as macbook. Mac vs PC debate, begin!:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:11 pm 

I have none of these problems and my computer has much worse specs than yours! Also, I find the live 9 browser way groovier because "I like to be able to go into live packs and pick the instruments instead of having to pick the instrument and then memorize which preset comes from which live pack" <- that wasn't sarcasm.

My mid-2012 macbook starts up live 9 with no loading issues, and your PC sounds like the specs are like twice as good as macbook. Mac vs PC debate, begin!: