All times are UTC

Post subject: Link Simpler transpose to main tempo
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:59 am 

If I chop up a sample MPC style using the "Slice to New MIDI Track", it creates a Drum Rack with Simpler instruments for each slice. I then make a MIDI sequence to play back the samples in a new way.

However, when I change the tempo, the Simpler instruments all play the samples back at the same speed, to things start to come out of sync. So if I speed up the tempo, the next Simpler slice starts playing before the last one has finished, and if I slow down the tempo, the Simpler slice finishes playing before the next one, so there are gaps of silence.

If I change the tempo, I have to keep manually changing the Transpose and Detune controls on every Simpler in my Drum Rack un till things are in time again.

Is there anyway to link the master tempo with the Transpose and Detune controls so things always stay in time?

Post subject: Re: Link Simpler transpose to main tempo
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:15 am 

u can make an slice-template (manual templates) where the transpose from one simpler is mapped to a macro.
if u now create a new sliced-rack (choose this template) all transpose of all simpler-instances are controlable via this one knob.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:33 am 

I know I can map all of the Simplers transpose to a macro know, but it is still a manual process and not linked to the master tempo automatically. I want the master tempo to automatically change the transpose and detune to keep everything in time

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm 

Best I can think of is something like, having transpose Or a pitch Mod envelope set from +12 to -12 and mapping that to a controller fader or knob.

Then whatever tempo you are using now, map Double and Half that to the same midi controller knob.

In theory that should basically do what you are describing.